Senior Backend Engineer
As a Falcon Senior Backend Engineer, you will help build, scale and improve the backend of a fast growing Customer Experience platform. You will aid us in building real-time, scalable, stable platform serving thousands of clients in a reliable and performant manner. You will be using new technologies, to solve hard problems in a friendly and encouraging work environment. You will also be encouraged to share your experience and knowledge, sparring with your colleagues to grow together!
What you'll do:
- Work in an agile team
- Define accurate domain models
- Store data efficiently in a matching storage engine
- Build highly parallel data processing pipelines, and fluent APIs
- Help design, implement and improve our services while helping us adopt best practices
- Write elegant, self-testing, well-documented code
- Be mindful of the business - by communicating with your colleagues and management, helping us ensure that we’re building the right thing at the right time
What you have:
- Solid experience with Java, we are using Java 11
- Good knowledge of Spring framework, Spring Boot, Spring Data. Knowledge of Dropwizard is a plus
- Experience with relational (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (e.g ElasticSearch) databases
- Good knowledge of messaging systems (e.g. Kafka & Amazon SQS).Good knowledge of RESTful APIs, their design and implementation
- Good knowledge on handling large-scale applications on a PaaS/SaaS cloud, preferably AWS
- Knowledge of Docker and containerization a big plus
What you'll get:
- You will join a multinational, open and informal work environment.
- Work at a central location in Copenhagen (the home of the best craft beer and bicycle lanes in Europe, also the most liveable city on the planet!)
- Get a high level of responsibility, work with the newest technologies, and have room for experimentation
- Choose your own gear (laptop & phone)
- Pension and health insurance
- Healthy lunch and drinks daily
- Healthy, and not so healthy, snacks. We take our candy seriously!
- Friday bars and other social events
The R&D team, in general, are a bunch of geeks who like having fun and are good at celebrating achievements. Apart from team outings and activities, we also invite guest speakers from different fields of expertise as we believe in gaining knowledge beyond software and IT.
Along with that, you’ll also get to:
Falcon.io provides a unified SaaS platform for social media listening, engaging, publishing and managing customer data. We enable our clients to explore the full potential of digital marketing by managing multiple customer touch points from one platform. Our platform has already achieved great international traction in the market, with its technology endorsed by partnerships with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. As a member of the R&D department, that means plenty of challenging engineering tasks, complex UIs to simplify and data, loads of data.
Founded as Falcon Social in Copenhagen in 2010, we now also have offices in New York City, Berlin and Budapest. We’re a highly diverse team, and we’re always looking for passionate and curious people who want to be part of a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
In R&D we are working agile and have organized ourselves into cross-functional, autonomous teams, focusing on one product with a clear mission. We intend to be flat, with everyone equal and with each member's role respected. Day-to-day you will work together with people of different trades: frontend/backend engineers, UI/UX designers, cloud operation engineers, and product owners.
For any questions regarding this position, please write us on firstname.lastname@example.org.