Compensation & Benefits Accountant
As we have continued our rapid growth, we have successfully retained our culture of encouraging autonomy, ambition, boldness and experimentation. Working at a high growth company is a very rewarding choice, but it also requires a certain personality. We value open people who take initiative and aren’t afraid to fail, learn from mistakes, adjust, and try new things.
As Compensation & Benefits Accountant, you will join an ambitious and fast-moving team and company with international breadth. You will be part of a team of four employees in the global Compensation & Benefits Department, with colleagues in Copenhagen and Sofia. You will report directly to the Compensation & Benefits Manager and be a part of and work closely with the rest of the Operations Team. We are looking for a new team member that is detail oriented, comfortable developing relationships with relevant stakeholders, and is not intimidated by numbers. You should be a team player that fundamentally believes we are stronger together.
You will be responsible for the processing and approval of the payroll for our two largest offices in Copenhagen and New York. You will be part of the initiative to insource the Danish payroll by helping to shape and define the new process. A key component of the role is understanding the personnel costs of Falcon.io and how these costs contribute to the global success of the company. Additionally, you will play a key role as Compensation & Benefits Business Partner to the organisation and will help the Falcon Leaders to understand, reflect and act upon their departmental personnel costs and metrics.
As a highly performance-driven organisation, commission and variable compensation are an integral part of how we run, value and measure our commercial performance. As such, you will be in a role and part of a team that is reaching higher than just making sure that the employees are getting paid correctly. We want to ensure that compensation is accurately calculated and reported to management in an informative format that facilitates measurement and decision making. In other words, we play an integral role in contributing to an informed and forward facing business.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for processing the in-house Danish payroll
- Be responsible for bi-monthly US payroll processing, in collaboration with the payroll team of our Parent Company, Cision Ltd.
- Post the relevant accounting entries and accruals calculations for both the DK and US payrolls
- Performing variance analysis and writing commentary for management reporting and budgeting
- Be a Business Partner to the Leaders within Falcon, acting as a sparring partner and aiding their understanding of their department’s personnel costs and variances from budget
- Perform relevant statistical analysis and track metrics related to global compensation
- Develop, optimise and implement Compensation & Benefits processes for the entire company
- Enhance Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and internal controls
- Participate in ad hoc Compensation & Benefits and cross-departmental projects
What you have:
- A relevant bachelor level, or higher, degree and 3 - 5 years experience in a similar or financial role
- Attention to detail, analytical mindset, and a structured approach to your daily tasks
- Eager to work in a global team supporting the entire company
- A service-minded and problem-solving attitude to both small and big tasks
- Outgoing personality, and fast learner who enjoys proactively tackling problems
- Keenness to challenge the status quo and drive improvement through change
- A good understanding of general accounting principles and standard procedures such as accruals, reconciliations, and variance analysis
- Experience working with common ERP & Accounting Systems - experience with NetSuite is preferred but not required
- Excellent English skills - the company language is English. Danish is a big plus.
What we offer:
- An open, informal and multinational working environment
- High level of responsibility and positive developing exposure
- An employer with high ambitions for you and excellent career opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Lunch, drinks and healthy snacks daily
- Social events like Friday bar, company outings and more
Falcon.io provides a unified SaaS platform for social media listening, engaging, publishing and managing customer data. We enable our clients to explore the full potential of digital marketing by managing multiple customer touch points from one platform. Our platform has already achieved great international traction in the market, with its technology endorsed by partnerships with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Founded as Falcon Social in Copenhagen in 2010, we now also have offices in New York City, Berlin, Budapest, Sofia, and Melbourne, with nearly 300 employees sitting across these offices. We’re a highly diverse team, and we’re always looking for passionate and curious people who want to be part of a fast-paced, high-energy environment.