VP of Marketing
Los Angeles, CA /
Marketing – Remote /
Remote - Full-time
Fama is an AI-based software solution that identifies problematic behavior among potential hires and current employees by analyzing publicly available online information. Enterprise HR and talent acquisition leaders trust Fama to identify abusive behaviors, such as bigotry and harassment, that are often missed in the hiring and management process. With Fama, organizations can now proactively protect their culture and brand from the sorts of risky behaviors that can draw down on innovation and expose a brand to liability. Founded in 2015, Fama is backed by some of the world’s leading venture capitalists and institutional investors and is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA.
The VP of Marketing will determine how we market our solutions to new and existing customers around the world. Fama is seeking an innovative leader with the vision and practical experience to reinvent how our target market views talent screening. With foundational experience in corporate and product marketing programs, the VP will work closely with sales, product, and C-Suite leadership to find unique ways to market products and acquire customers. We strongly believe that growing revenue is the VP of Marketing’s job.
Understanding market trends, leading customer research and intelligence, and building content strategies are only part of the puzzle. A tried and true playbook around effective messaging/positioning, social marketing, and PR will help ensure Fama’s long-term success. The VP will bring together a diverse team of marketers to ensure we organically pop up in customer conversations, build solutions our customers want, and expedite the evolution of the talent screening toolkit.
Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, as well as build and convey compelling value propositions. This position reports to the CEO and is a key member of our leadership team.
- Lead, hire, and cultivate a team to drive the marketing direction at Fama, establishing a set of global standards across existing and new markets
- Analyze market trends, user requirements, buyer personas, and channel dynamics to deliver a differentiated marketing strategy that allows Fama to acquire and retain customers
- Craft the narrative that reinforces Fama as a category owner, taking a 100,000-foot view of our space, defining its boundaries, and championing the evolution of talent screening
- Own Fama’s messaging and positioning, guiding everything from internal employee communications to external sales collateral
- Create a cohesive brand strategy & brand awareness about Fama through white papers, presentations, workshops, and online media
- Develop engaging, persona-specific content, including one-pagers, case studies, and data reports that help our sellers win
- Build upon Fama’s performance marketing foundation, integrating existing funnels and digital marketing assets into a cohesive customer experience
- Identify additional go-to-market opportunities and work with Fama leadership to bring from concept to fruition
- Conduct market and competitor research and analysis to evaluate challenges and opportunities for future growth
- Recruit and hire top talent, providing career development and performance management so that all team members are inspired to innovate
- Develop annualized marketing budgets and create the business case for new spend in close collaboration with Finance
- 12-15+ years of leadership experience in B2B marketing with a specific focus on corporate and product marketing
- Demonstrated track record of category creation and ownership, with material success in differentiating a company amongst competitors
- Experience managing marketing budgets and spend, including developing ROI cases
- Experience evangelizing cloud-based software solutions to enterprise clients, HCM software experience is a plus
- Experience working at a startup environment that prizes continuous experimentation, rapid iteration, agile development, and an innovation mindset
- Demonstrate success in working with and delivering results for sales and product teams to help meet company goals
- History of recruiting and developing leaders and individual contributors on your team
- Comfortable working with primary and secondary data sets to measure results and inform decision making and strategy Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Able to adapt to change and bring a growth mindset to your day-to-day and strategic initiatives
- Welcome and encourage challenging conversations with a commitment to openness about how decisions are made
We believe that becoming an increasingly diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace makes us a more successful and resilient organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster and preserve a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background.