Customer Support Manager
Los Angeles, CA /
Customer Support – Remote /
Remote - Full-time
Fama is an AI-based software solution that identifies problematic behavior among potential hires and current employees by analyzing publicly available online information. Enterprise HR and talent acquisition leaders trust Fama to identify abusive behaviors, such as bigotry and harassment, that are often missed in the hiring and management process. With Fama, organizations can now proactively protect their culture and brand from the sorts of risky behaviors that can draw down on innovation and expose a brand to liability. Founded in 2015, Fama is backed by some of the world’s leading venture capitalists and institutional investors and is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA.
The Customer Support Manager is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction by meeting service level commitments and providing efficient problem resolution. By serving as customer advocates they will enable seamless and responsive customer engagement and facilitate product adoption. They will support and coach a team while maintaining strong cross-functional relationships throughout the organization.
- Lead a team of customer support agents and ensure consistent quality and responsiveness in all customer support efforts. Creating and maintaining training materials while ensuring continuous training and mentoring for agents.
- Ownership of Customer Education assets and development of strategies and process improvements in this area. Conduct regular auditing and update of Customer Support Library (both internal and customer-facing) as needed.
- Direct customer interaction via live chat, email, and (limited) phone.
- Manage and respond to advance support tickets (account management, browser Issues, compliance, dashboards, dispute, education, feature requests, login issues, pilots, report errors, technical support internal and external). Oversee the completion of tier one support tickets.
- Troubleshoot and verify when the customer reports an issue. Create tickets with the pertinent details to be assigned to the engineering team. Responsible for communicating status back to the customer and looping in the assigned Customer Success Manager as appropriate.
- Enact and execute an immediate response plan including assessing available resources when encountering unusually high support volume. For tickets that require escalation beyond the support team, the Customer Support Manager is responsible for understanding the workflows and expectations of receiving teams and following through to ensure customer resolution is reached in a timely fashion.
- Provide weekly updates of account activity consumption reports and note activity variances to stakeholders as appropriate. This will enable proactive outreach by the account team for upsell opportunities or to address possible churn risk.
- Compile and report data related to support ticket volume and trends. Working data analytics on an account level including but not limited to Client specific dashboards, and reporting. Reviewing revenue-based innovations and working along with Partnership to upsell support and other ideas.
- Maintain open communication with cross-functional teams such as operations, engineering, and revenue teams.
- Minimum three years of customer service or customer support management experience required.
- Experience in Database/BI tools such as Quicksight
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as the ability to express empathy and de-escalated tense customer support interactions is required
- Experience with G-suite and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Zendesk preferred
We believe that becoming an increasingly diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace makes us a more successful and resilient organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster and preserve a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background.