Site Reliability Engineer
Full-time Office/ Remote
With FamPay, teens can save, earn and pay using UPI, P2P, and card payments without the need to set up a bank account. They get a personalized UPI ID, a numberless prepaid card, and a payment link as well. FamPay aims at making banking smooth and fun for children. Users send money with FamPay just like they send pictures on Instagram.
Founded in 2019 by IIT Roorkee alumni and backed by some of the most respected investors around the world - Y-Combinator, Sequoia, Venture Highway, and the likes of Kunal Shah, Amrish Rao as angels. We are on a mission to drive 250 Million+ Indian teenagers on a smooth and fun-filled journey from cash to digital. We are raising a new, financially aware generation who understands the fundamentals of personal finance and is capable of making decisions in their best long-term interest.
About this role
We're looking for some AWSome folks to Go in our Site Reliability Team ! We are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction. Exceptional & methodical problem solving abilities will be critical for success, as will be a focus on quality.
In our environment, quality is everyone’s responsibility, passion is key, innovation and creativity is encouraged. We are currently seeking an experienced SRE to deliver insights from massive scale data in real time.
On the Job
- Supporting the engineering team in building highly fault-tolerant and scalable applications
- Developing tools to ensure our services can scale and are highly available
- Being part of the 24x7 on-call rotation, helping support team and maintain production systems
- Day to day development support and monitoring of production server and network environments by developing and deploying logging and monitoring tools
- Developing applications to increase code quality throughout our codebase
- Supporting disaster recovery, backup, redundancy and capacity planning activities
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other relevant field
- Proven 1 to 2 years of working experience as a Site Reliability Engineer
- Strong communication and analytical/problem-solving skills
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Self-directed work style with minimum supervision
- Solid understanding and expertise of Linux operating system, performance tuning and configuration including the automated installation, jumpstart, kickstart configuration, etc.
- Experience in automating infrastructure deployment and lifecycle
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written across all user levels. Ability to create simple procedural documents
- Good team player, self-starter, goal oriented, open minded, flexible and customer focused
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration, e.g. Ubuntu, Debian
- A strong background in at least one of Python, Django, Go or Java
- A strong background in one of the following: database administration, Kafka, observability tools (such as Prometheus or Zipkin) or infrastructure automation. Experience with AWS or GCP is essential
- Experience or knowledge of container orchestration tools, e.g. Kubernetes
Why should you join us?
Every once a while, a product comes to life that makes people think, why this was not done earlier? The users love it, the investors dream about the great returns and the team feels the joy and pride every day. We have strong indicators for users and investors and we are building the team, that will have stories to tell all their life.
We believe that a great product is built by a high-quality team that find purpose and joy in their work and we put heavy emphasis on having fun at work.
1. Competitive Salary
3. Medical Insurances
4. Subscriptions to premium platforms
5. Friendly leaves policy
India’s first numberless card
Are numbers really required on the card when transacting offline? 🤔
With FamCard’s sleek, black, and numberless design, not only matches GenZ's aesthetic style and resonates with their vibe but also takes security to a whole new level.
For issuing cards, we have partnered with IDFC Bank and VISA. While users get a virtual card instantly on signing up, the physical cards can be ordered through the app.
Everything UPI without a bank account
100M+ adults are paying through UPI, but 250M+ teens are not because they don’t have a bank account.
They’ve smartphones, they’re using the internet, they’re tech-savvy, but still, they don’t have access to it because most of them don’t have bank accounts. Well, it changes now! With FamPay, for the first time in India, teens can now get their own personalized UPI ID, without having a bank account!
Can you believe this? Such a tech-savvy audience was not on UPI.
The app has 1M+ registered users and a lot of users who love FamPay with 4.6+ on PlayStore (50k+ reviews).
Come join us on this exciting rocketship journey of innovation and creating impact.