Product Designer (UI/UX)
Full-time Office/ Remote
With FamPay, teens can save, earn and pay using UPI, P2P, and card payments without the need to set up a bank account. They get a personalized UPI ID, a numberless prepaid card, and a payment link as well. FamPay aims at making banking smooth and fun for children. Users send money with FamPay just like they send pictures on Instagram.
Founded in 2019 by IIT Roorkee alumni and backed by some of the most respected investors around the world - Y-Combinator, Sequoia, Venture Highway, and the likes of Kunal Shah, Amrish Rao as angels. We are on a mission to drive 250 Million+ Indian teenagers on a smooth and fun-filled journey from cash to digital. We are raising a new, financially aware generation who understands the fundamentals of personal finance and is capable of making decisions in their best long-term interest.
About this Role
It is the product that sells, not just the idea.
With a product that's aimed at teenagers, design is at the centre of our offering. Therefore, it would not be an exaggeration to say that we will perish without a world class user experience and delight.
We are looking for a top-notch Product Designer with deep understanding of design principles. One who does not compromise the beauty or usability of the product and has worked on a successful consumer application in a tech product company.
On the Job
- You depend on user-centric critical analysis and problem-solving
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with design head, product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Experience in Front End Development, User Research methods - user personas, journey mapping, and competitor analysis.
- Atleast 3 years of ownership experience in designing User Experiences, Interfaces, Apps and Websites for consumer facing internet product
- You have advance knowledge of Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, ProtoPie, After Effects or other prototyping tools. Knowledge about web and app development as well as experience in doing development handovers.
- Knowledge of Conversion Optimisation best practices.
- Knowledge of designing for good SEO.
Why should you join us?
Every once a while, a product comes to life that makes people think, why this was not done earlier? The users love it, the investors dream about the great returns and the team feels the joy and pride every day. We have strong indicators for users and investors and we are building the team, that will have stories to tell all their life.
We believe that a great product is built by a high-quality team that find purpose and joy in their work and we put heavy emphasis on having fun at work.
1. Competitive Salary
3. Medical Insurances
4. Subscriptions to premium platforms
5. Friendly leaves policy
India’s first numberless card
Are numbers really required on the card when transacting offline? 🤔
With FamCard’s sleek, black, and numberless design, not only matches GenZ's aesthetic style and resonates with their vibe but also takes security to a whole new level.
For issuing cards, we have partnered with IDFC Bank and VISA. While users get a virtual card instantly on signing up, the physical cards can be ordered through the app.
Everything UPI without a bank account
100M+ adults are paying through UPI, but 250M+ teens are not because they don’t have a bank account.
They’ve smartphones, they’re using the internet, they’re tech-savvy, but still, they don’t have access to it because most of them don’t have bank accounts. Well, it changes now! With FamPay, for the first time in India, teens can now get their own personalized UPI ID, without having a bank account!
Can you believe this? Such a tech-savvy audience was not on UPI.
The app has 1M+ registered users and a lot of users who love FamPay with 4.6+ on PlayStore (50k+ reviews).
Come join us on this exciting rocketship journey of innovation and creating impact.