Full-time Office/ Remote
With FamPay, teens can save, earn and pay using UPI, P2P, and card payments without the need to set up a bank account. They get a personalized UPI ID, a numberless prepaid card, and a payment link as well. FamPay aims at making banking smooth and fun for children. Users send money with FamPay just like they send pictures on Instagram.
Founded in 2019 by IIT Roorkee alumni and backed by some of the most respected investors around the world - Y-Combinator, Sequoia, Venture Highway, and the likes of Kunal Shah, Amrish Rao as angels. We are on a mission to drive 250 Million+ Indian teenagers on a smooth and fun-filled journey from cash to digital. We are raising a new, financially aware generation who understands the fundamentals of personal finance and is capable of making decisions in their best long-term interest.
About this Role
Always ready for with a Plan C because Plan A and B didn't work? We are looking for you! As DevOps Engineers we need top notch builders, who get a rush from creating things from scratch.
At FamPay you would be required to come up with unthinkable use cases for our products and get a rush from the sheer volume of users that tear the use cases apart. If troubleshooting is in your blood, don't be in anymore 'fix' and apply right away!
On the Job
- Demonstrate technical leadership with incident handling and troubleshooting.
- Provide software delivery operations and application release management support, including scripting, automated build and deployment processing and process reengineering.
- Build automated deployments for consistent software releases with zero downtime
- Deploy new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- Participate in the development of contingency plans including reliable backup and restore procedures.
- Participate in the development of the end to end CI / CD process and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Participate in development of advanced CI / CD processes such as Canary deployments
- Work on implementing DevSecOps practices
- Work with the Engineering team to integrate more complex testing into a containerised pipeline to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing
- Participate in internal team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Build platform tools that rest of the engineering teams can use
- 2+ years of software development/technical support experience
- 1+ years of software development, operations experience deploying and maintaining multi-tiered infrastructure and applications at scale.
- 2+ years of experience in public cloud services: AWS (preferred) / GCP / Azure
- Experience managing any distributed NoSQL system (Kafka/Cassandra/etc)
- Experience with Containers, Micro services, deployment and service orchestration using Kubernetes, EKS (preferred), AKS or GKE.
- Experience and a deep understanding of Kubernetes, Service Mesh (Istio preferred), API Gateways, Network proxies (Envoy preferred), etc.
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Experience and deep understanding of Cloud Networking and Security
- Strong scripting language knowledge, such as Python, Shell
- Automation friendly. If it can be codified, it can be automated
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Ability to continuously learn and make decisions with minimal supervision. You understand that making mistakes means that you are learning
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting
Why should you join us?
Every once a while, a product comes to life that makes people think, why this was not done earlier? The users love it, the investors dream about the great returns and the team feels the joy and pride every day. We have strong indicators for users and investors and we are building the team, that will have stories to tell all their life.
We believe that a great product is built by a high-quality team that find purpose and joy in their work and we put heavy emphasis on having fun at work.
1. Competitive Salary
3. Medical Insurances
4. Subscriptions to premium platforms
5. Friendly leaves policy
India’s first numberless card
Are numbers really required on the card when transacting offline? 🤔
With FamCard’s sleek, black, and numberless design, not only matches GenZ's aesthetic style and resonates with their vibe but also takes security to a whole new level.
For issuing cards, we have partnered with IDFC Bank and VISA. While users get a virtual card instantly on signing up, the physical cards can be ordered through the app.
Everything UPI without a bank account
100M+ adults are paying through UPI, but 250M+ teens are not because they don’t have a bank account.
They’ve smartphones, they’re using the internet, they’re tech-savvy, but still, they don’t have access to it because most of them don’t have bank accounts. Well, it changes now! With FamPay, for the first time in India, teens can now get their own personalized UPI ID, without having a bank account!
Can you believe this? Such a tech-savvy audience was not on UPI.
The app has 1M+ registered users and a lot of users who love FamPay with 4.6+ on PlayStore (50k+ reviews).
Come join us on this exciting rocketship journey of innovation and creating impact.