Risk & Fraud
Full-time Office/ Remote
With FamPay, teens can save, earn and pay using UPI, P2P, and card payments without the need to set up a bank account. They get a personalized UPI ID, a numberless prepaid card, and a payment link as well. FamPay aims at making banking smooth and fun for children. Users send money with FamPay just like they send pictures on Instagram.
Founded in 2019 by IIT Roorkee alumni and backed by some of the most respected investors around the world - Y-Combinator, Sequoia, Venture Highway, and the likes of Kunal Shah, Amrish Rao as angels. We are on a mission to drive 250 Million+ Indian teenagers on a smooth and fun-filled journey from cash to digital. We are raising a new, financially aware generation who understands the fundamentals of personal finance and is capable of making decisions in their best long-term interest.
About this Role
Watched the 'Jamtara' series? That's what we're talking about.
As a Risk and Fraud Manager at FamPay, you will work in the banking and payments industry; always on your toes to avoid potential fraudulent activities and deal with them if they occur. As a part of the role, you will be expected to proactively build preventive measures to avoid any mishaps. You will need to identify and analyze past patterns and make sure that the right systems are in the right place.
You will be required to coordinate with stakeholders and understand how financial institutions work. If you think you can do this all, then Meh-ta Fam be with you!
On the Job
- Have in-depth knowledge of the core product enabling you to identify risk
- Work closely with the operations & support teams to identify risks
- Review activations for negative line of business
- Reject/ block users and communicate to them if they are found doing suspicious activities
- Monitor KYCd and live users to ensure they are not doing suspicious activities
- Monitor transactions to identify risk/fraud
- Identify patterns and document fraudulent user journeys
- Identify methods to perform root-cause analysis to implement CAPA (Corrective & Preventive Action)
- Segregate users based on the level of risk
- Handle transaction disputes in case of discrepancies
- Work closely with the partner banks and payment gateways to handle chargebacks/ refunds/ customer disputes
- Coordinate with stakeholders like banks, cyber cells and others involved in case of disputes and discrepancies
- Identify methods to automate risk mitigation
- Work closely with the product team to develop a risk engine, enforce measures to identify and prevent fraud
- Review the open tickets assigned to the team on Intercom related to risk/ fraud
- Research & be updated on industry best practices on risk & fraud
- 3-5 years of working experience in Risk & Fraud team
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance
- Similar working experience in a Payment Gateway/Aggregator is a plus
- Proactive personality and self-driven
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic about early stage start-ups
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products specially MS Excel to handle large volumes of data.
- Motivated self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as cooperatively with others within and across functions
Why should you join us?
Every once a while, a product comes to life that makes people think, why this was not done earlier? The users love it, the investors dream about the great returns and the team feels the joy and pride every day. We have strong indicators for users and investors and we are building the team, that will have stories to tell all their life.
We believe that a great product is built by a high-quality team that find purpose and joy in their work and we put heavy emphasis on having fun at work.
1. Competitive Salary
3. Medical Insurances
4. Subscriptions to premium platforms
5. Friendly leaves policy
India’s first numberless card
Are numbers really required on the card when transacting offline? 🤔
With FamCard’s sleek, black, and numberless design, not only matches GenZ's aesthetic style and resonates with their vibe but also takes security to a whole new level.
For issuing cards, we have partnered with IDFC Bank and VISA. While users get a virtual card instantly on signing up, the physical cards can be ordered through the app.
Everything UPI without a bank account
100M+ adults are paying through UPI, but 250M+ teens are not because they don’t have a bank account.
They’ve smartphones, they’re using the internet, they’re tech-savvy, but still, they don’t have access to it because most of them don’t have bank accounts. Well, it changes now! With FamPay, for the first time in India, teens can now get their own personalized UPI ID, without having a bank account!
Can you believe this? Such a tech-savvy audience was not on UPI.
The app has 1M+ registered users and a lot of users who love FamPay with 4.6+ on PlayStore (50k+ reviews).
Come join us on this exciting rocketship journey of innovation and creating impact.