FamPay is India’s first payments app for teenagers and their families. With FamPay, minors can do UPI, P2P and card payments without the need to setup a bank account. FamPay allows parents to send money to their kids below the age of 18, which they can spend securely anytime, anywhere, under parent’s supervision. FamPay aims at making payments smooth and fun for children.
Founded by IIT Roorkee alumni and backed by some of the most respected investors around the world, we are on a mission to drive 250 Million+ Indian teenagers on a smooth and fun-filled journey from cash to digital. We are raising a new, financially aware generation who understands the fundamentals of personal finance and is capable of making decisions in their best long term interest.
About this role: Full time internship 2-6 months time. Might allow remote in exceptional circumstances.
We take our internship program very seriously and hope to get our future team members from among our interns. You can take up as challenging a work as you are capable of.
You will be the gatekeeper of FamPay's user's interaction. Your capabilities will define how our users will perceive our capabilities. We are looking for creators with obsessive need for visual and performance perfection, combined with high learning+implementation combo powers. The ones who iterate the script 100s of times, if required, to get that feature right.
Let's get on the rocketship together?
- You have the knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in mobile apps (RxJava, MVP, Kotlin, etc), mobile payments, wearables
- You have excellent technical knowledge of Java for Android, Android SDK and AndroidStudio
- Pro with Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- You have good understanding of RESTful APIs and how to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code
- You contribute to the design, architecture, and development of apps that are elegant, efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable
- You are highly motivated and maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude in a fast moving environment
- You follow and help cultivate consistent development best practices
- You have 1-2 years of app development experience in Android
- You have experience shipping one or more android apps, ideally currently available on the Play Store.
- Open source experience is a huge plus!
- Competitive Stipend
- Certificate and Letter of recommendation
- Chance to work full-time at FamPay
- Merchandise: T-Shirts and Goodies
Why should you join us?
Every once a while, a product comes to life that makes people think, why this was not done earlier? The users love it, the investors dream about the great returns and the team feels the joy and pride every day. We have strong indicators for users and investors and we are building the team, that will have stories to tell all their life.
We believe that a great product is built by a high-quality team that find purpose and joy in their work and we put heavy emphasis on having fun at work.