Senior DevSecOps Engineer
Santa Monica, CA, US
Technology – DevSecOps
FanAI (www.fanai.io) is a fan analytics startup based in Santa Monica, CA.
The acknowledged leader in esports audience analytics, we’ve created sponsorship marketplace that helps rights holders monetize their fans and brands optimize their sponsorship spend by delivering actionable audience insights and offline attribution to drive improved sponsorship outcomes.
Reporting directly into our CTO, you will be responsible for the operations and security of the Fan.ai sponsorship analytics platform. You’ll take responsibility for the uptime, monitoring, and security of our platform and infrastructure, and have a key role in ensuring we maintain high standards with regards to system availability, CI/CD, infrastructure as code, and information security.
FanAI deals with terabytes of data daily, much of which is considered PII / sensitive and your role will require you to keep a strong eye on modern information security and data privacy. Within the operations context, you’ll be expected to provide leadership and hands-on contribution into building a scalable and extremely available micro-services architecture built on Kubernetes in GCP and using modern infrastructure as code principles and practices.
A talented communicator, you’ll be looking to continue the growth of your interpersonal skills in a professional setting, and will be responsible for translating complex technical concepts into digestible terms for our internal and external client stakeholders. You will also be responsible for evangelizing and regulating our internal security posture to all employees.
- Own the on-call rotation and alerting system and proactively monitor our web properties and services to minimize downtime
- Take true ownership of our infrastructure, networking, and security
- Design and implement infrastructure as code to programmatically build the FanAI platform
- Streamline the build and deploy pipelines in GCP for the backend team, frontend team, and data team.
- Work closely with other developers to enhance infrastructure, improve reliability, and efficiency.
- Ensure FanAI meets all GDPR and CCPA regulations
- Ensure least privilege access to our system and a zero-trust environment prevails
- We are a small team, you will wear many hats.
- Computer Science or other STEM degree.
- 7+ years of software engineering or operations experience.
- 3+ years experience with cloud platforms like GCP, AWS, or Azure.
- 3+ years experience with infrastructure as code frameworks like Terraform
- 3+ years experience with software provisioning and configuration tools like Ansible
- Strong understanding of and experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with modern, SOA and micro-services. You prefer asynchronous communication amongst services and are experienced using message queues.
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases like Redis, PostgreSQL, BigQuery, and ArangoDB.
- Experience conforming to data privacy regulations like GDPR and CCPA
- Must be comfortable with Linux and associated technologies (e.g., Bash, cron, filesystems, signals, sockets, pipes, processes, SSH)
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal forms, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
Bonus Points for
- Proficient in Go and/or Python 3.
- Good working knowledge of and experience with Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with Helm.
- Experience with modern practices and technologies such as REST, HTTP/2, gRPC, and Protobuf.
- Data engineering and ETL experience.
- Experience working with a graph database like ArangoDB.
- A love for automation, continuous integration, deployment, and testing.
We provide a fast-growing, fun and professional atmosphere. A place to express and grow yourself professionally and the opportunity to advance your career through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.