Senior Staff Engineer - Platform - FanApp
Remote - New York /
Fanatics Betting & Gaming – Engineering FanApp /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The base salary range for this role is $176,000 per year - $264,000 per year, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This role is eligible for the Fanatics Betting and Gaming annual bonus program and an equity award.
In addition to the base, bonus, and equity, full-time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid time off and other benefits like GymPass, Pet Insurance, Family Care Benefits, Free Shipt deliveries, and more. We’ll also give you $500 to set up your home office!
For information about our benefits, please visit https://benefitsatfanatics.com/.
As a Staff Engineer at Fanatics Betting & Gaming (FBG), your role will span across the Digital Sports and Sports Betting markets. We work cross-functionally and drive innovative solutions across the Fanatics Ecosystem. You will have a broad scope of engagement with cloud technologies, site reliability practices, and CI/CD tooling.
The Product you’ll be working on Our team aims to be the #1 sports app in the US and to change the way fans connect with their favorite sports, teams, and players. We want to delight and surprise users through compelling news, scores, Free To Play, content & community experience - the role will be crucial in helping define, deliver, and operate these platforms.
- Design, implement, and maintain a scaleable release pipeline that aligns with GitOps principles.
- Work on observability systems that enable holistic system monitoring and drive down incident response and resolution times.
- Create tooling that empowers developers to focus on value-added activities and product differentiation.
- Solicit and incorporate internal user feedback to ensure productivity tooling meets the needs of our developers.
- Evangelize internal products and tooling to drive adoption within the organization.
- Be part of an incident management team that ensures the high availability of the Fanatics Betting and Gaming platform.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, inside and outside of Engineering, and collaborate with leaders to gather and present testing metrics and activities.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise within the engineering team. Be a mentor and role model for Engineering.
- Help development teams adhere to the principles, guidelines, and best practices of the engineering strategy.
- Gather and present testing metrics and activities to key stakeholders.
- Remain current on technology and trends in engineering.
- Must be open to occasional travel to events and Bet Fanatics offices for various offsite and team meetings.
- Application development experience (back end or front end).
- In-depth root cause analysis of low-level incidents spanning multiple connected systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Infrastructure As Code systems (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience with observability tooling, chaos testing, and incident management.
- Experience implementing and maintaining mature CI/CD release pipelines.
- Ability to integrate 3rd-party systems into a cohesive development platform.
- Positive and flexible attitude to work in a fast-paced environment and a willingness to embrace new initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to partner closely with engineering teams and implement appropriate tools and practices that balance quality with productivity.
- Highly outcome-oriented and data-driven.
- Excellent influencing and problem-resolution skills.
- Proficiency with Java or Python required.
- Experience in a cloud-native environment preferred.
- Global experience preferred.
- Experience with software compliance workflows is a bonus.
If you possess some of these skills but not all of them, we still encourage you to apply!
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.