Product Developer - Apparel
Florida - Tampa /
Fanatics Brands – Operations - FB - AVP /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end collectibles experience; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Additional ventures that will build out Fanatics’ footprint across the broader digital sports landscape will be rolled out soon. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 8,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
As the Product Developer, you will utilize your knowledge related to product patterns, fit, and construction while working closely with design and merchandising to understand the creative vision of each project and translate concepts into product. You will work closely with all in-house teams, along with oversea vendors to ensure production. In Product Creation and Development, you will be involved in the first stages of creating new products, commercialization and getting them to the consumers. This involves everything from idea generation, materials and construction, materials sourcing, product testing and product confirmation.
- Develops product for assigned leagues within the channel of distribution
- Manage development projects from insights, through concepts, validation and into seasonal integrations in collaboration with project teams.
- Work with Design to proactively manage the styling, material and trim requirements relative to manufacturability, performance, quality, cost, lead-times and minimums.
- Maintain cost and master bill of materials during development process.
- Ensure the delivery and evaluation of quality lab dips/print strike-offs and communicate comments to vendor.
- Communicate information and any issues to all related internal parties as well as to overseas mills, agents, and manufacturers.
- International and domestic travel as required to achieve a high level of product and technology development, including visits to manufacturing facilities, R&D partners and consumers to assist in the creation, development, commercialization and integration of product.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an advanced ability to communicate new ideas, concepts and functional expertise within project teams and to external stakeholder
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Create strong team interaction with Merchandising, Design, Production, Planning, Materials Research, and Quality to ensure a coordinated and efficient process.
- Foster and maintain key partnerships with vendors.
- Create and maintain dashboarding of product development metrics for corporate transparency and executive review.
- Review and continuously update standard operating procedures in partnership with team for best departmental efficiencies and practices
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in a related field
- 5-7 years relevant experience in apparel product development and management
- Technical knowledge of fabric, construction, and product engineering
- Knowledge of factory operations as they relate to costing and manufacturing limitations
- Experience working with vendors in Asia and South/Central America
- Understanding of apparel and raw material testing
- Working knowledge of tariffs and duty rates
- Understanding of supply chain logistics
- Familiar with industry standard development processes/procedures, quality standards and compliance regulations.
- Ability to introduce and implement new processes and procedures
- Ability to communicate across multiple cultural and experience levels, internal & external
- Proven leadership skills and communication skills are a must
- Strong Computer skills in excel, word and necessary systems needed
- Travel Required
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.