Director, Global Benefits
Florida - Jacksonville /
Human Resources /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
At Fanatics we know that our greatest resource is our people. Our Human Resources department has a relentless dedication to cultivate, protect, and nourish our Fanatics family. We take pride in having a culture built on respect, unity, passion, and talent. We work hard to maintain a wonderful work atmosphere where people have as much pride and love for our company as they do for their favorite sports teams. As a global company, we actively evolve to ensure that all existing and new compliance regulations are met across all of our locations. We pride ourselves on building the Fanatics organization with not only the best talent, but by building around our core values. We have an unceasing commitment to continually improve our processes, strengthen our teams, and ensure the best possible working experience in every corner of the company.
***THIS POSITION IS BASED IN JACKSONVILLE, FL AND IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY.
The Global Benefits Director will be responsible for assisting in establishing overall benefit strategies for a broad spectrum of employees in the U.S. and around the globe.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead a team of benefit professionals to drive meaningful engagement for U.S. and Global employees and their families through the delivery of world-class benefit programs.
- Develop and maintain a service-oriented culture designed to assist employees and dependents with benefits questions and claims issues to ensure a quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Collect and report on feedback from employees on resolution and level of service provided.
- Manage Benefits Operations, including outsourced vendors, ensuring accurate records are maintained and optimal employee support is provided.
- Ensure the administration of global benefits programs are in line with company policies, plan documents, and applicable regulations. Leverage creativity of thought to develop new offerings to ensure we are a leader in this space.
- Partner closely with the Payroll team to ensure efficient and employee friendly processes resulting in accurate benefits deductions from employee paychecks and that employee accounts get properly funded (e.g. 401K, HSA, FSA).
- Manage annual enrollments, partnering with the broader HR teams as needed, ensuring communications are clear, employee friendly and meaningful.
- Work closely with internal and external communication teams in creating employee tools for understanding their benefits and making election decisions.
- Manage compliance audits, required filings, and all other compliance related initiatives as required.
- Develop system test cases, oversee testing by outsourced vendors.
- Conduct audits of data to ensure processes and policies are being managed effectively and data quality is maintained/improved amongst internal and external systems.
- Effectively manage integration of employees onboarded as part of M&A activities.
- Oversee vendor billing data including reconciliation, validation, payment and budget reporting.
- Drive RFPs, vendor selection and implementations
- Continually identify opportunities to improve the employee experience and the operational efficiency of our programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or Finance or equivalent work experience in leading and managing the team responsible for the design, implementation and administration of employee benefit programs in a multinational company.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of relevant laws and regulations regarding employee benefit programs
- Knowledge of non-US benefits practices (especially Europe, Canada and India)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as developing world-class customer service capability
- Attention to detail, analytical/reasoning, interpersonal, organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to gather, check and analyze complex information and data and effectively communicate findings
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Problem-solving abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, the broader HR team and vendors
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.