Product Line Manager - Nike NFL
Florida - Tampa /
Fanatics Brands – FB Corporate /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
As a Product Line Manager (PLM) at Fanatics Brands this role will lead the creation of consumer products for a specific brand or league across Fanatics Brands. Partnering with product development, design, and other cross functional teams to translate consumer insights into merchant line plans and build out a plan to support seasonal revenue, margin, and inventory goals.
- Be an expert in product concepts, including the creation of key stories and product that generates an emotional connection to the brand and consumer
- Lead the creation of consumer rights assortment plans that support a global integrated marketplace
- Translate consumer insights into commercially viable, trend-relevant stories
- Plan product lines with the understanding of a finished, chase and blank inventory opportunity
- Brief the design team on direction based on seasonal needs, art, and competitive landscape
- Utilize and optimize the merchant planning team to track and define key business opportunities
- Strong cross-functional relationships with development, design, and sourcing, to deliver margin and adoption rate goals
- Present the product line to internal and external partners at key development timelines to ensure alignment between sales, product, marketing, and supply chain
- Partner with Merchants to establish pricing strategy to achieve category margin goals and profitability targets
- Constantly analyze the competitor landscape to drive our ability to build new growth opportunities
- Possible travel, including overseas, account and league reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Merchandising, Manufacturing, Apparel, or related field; or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience, experience in retail or wholesale (4+ years) is acceptable without a degree.
- Product merchandising/creation experience of at least 4 years
- Strong understanding of merchandising retail math/financial skills
- Moderate experience with fashion, color, and trend analysis
- Solid understanding of the product creation process is required
- Experience in using and utilizing sales data to analyze and steer a business
- Intermediate skill level in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as familiarity with data warehouses and database management
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, adapt to change, and maintain composure under pressure
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude towards team, vendors, and clients
- Ability to work in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Experience in identifying the right products to meet brief requirements
- Sports fan a plus
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the job
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.