Full Stack Software Engineer III (70% Java/30%React)
Remote - New York /
Fanatics Betting & Gaming – Engineering Sportsbook /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
As a Software Engineer III, Full Stack at Fanatics Betting & Gaming (FBG), you will help build Fanatics' new and innovative in-person sportsbook experience. The development of this product (hardware and software) will be deployed in stadiums and retail locations across the US. The person hired for this role will have experience in Backend & Front End development, Microservice architecture and working with teams to solve technical problems.
● Develops, tests, and deploys software features through high-quality, correct production code.
● You will work closely with our internal and external development teams to deliver a stable and reliable application inline with our product roadmap and schedule.
● You will help evaluate new technologies and open sources to recommend improvements for applications, services and systems.
● Cultural and technical champion: Improves and champions our best practices and strives to make Fanatics a better place to work as an engineer
● Build highly scalable and fault tolerant systems in a highly regulated production environment.
● Helps with discovery, design and architecture solutions for complex projects.
● Understand business outcomes and drive technical solutions to help achieve our goals.
● Develop a fundamental understanding of our product, feature set and roadmap, and work closely with the product to make the right technology decisions to enable the team for streamlined growth and future development.
● Partners with cross-functional peers (PM, Design, DevOps, Security, Front-end engineers)
● Operate according to Agile methodology and scrum practices.
● Gather and present status in daily stand-up meetings.
● Provide support engineering and participate on on-call rotations during peak seasons.
● Must be open to occasional travel to Fanatics Betting & Gaming offices and other locations for conferences, events, meetings, and team building activities
● 5+ years of back end development experience using Java & Spring Boot
● Strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, in a continuous delivery environment.
● Demonstrated ability to partner closely with engineering teams (and vendors) and implement appropriate tools and practices that balance quality with productivity.
● Excellent influencing and problem resolution skills.
● Positive and flexible attitude to work in a fast-paced environment and a willingness to embrace new initiatives. Experience in start-ups is a plus.
● Strong report writing skills with the ability to gather, evaluate and analyze relevant information while structuring material in a logical and coherent manner.
● Experience in turnkey hardware solutions is preferred.
If you possess some of these skills but not all of them, we still encourage you to apply!
$152,000 - $228,000 a year
The base salary range for this role is $152,000 per year - $228,000 per year, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.This role is eligible for the Fanatics Betting and Gaming annual bonus program and an equity award.
In addition to the base, bonus, and equity, full-time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid time off, and other benefits like GymPass, Pet Insurance, Family Care Benefits, Free Shipt deliveries, and more. We’ll also give you $500 to set up your home office!
For information about our benefits, please visit https://benefitsatfanatics.com/.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.