Product Design Manager, NHL Jerseys
Florida - Tampa /
Fanatics Commerce – Fanatics Brands - Design (Apparel and Graphic) /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
Manage a team of Apparel Designers with ownership of PRO uniform design and locker room apparel. Collaborate with Creative Director to develop creative direction for seasonal direction. Lead creative design and development based on creative direction, product brief and line plan strategy. Work closely with Graphic Design managers to create consistent storytelling across PRO uniforms and brand initiative. Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product Development, Sourcing and Merchandising on complete product strategy to meet financial targets. This person needs to be results and detail oriented, team player with a passion for sports.
- Manages a team of designers to execute PRO uniform and locker room apparel design which meet brand standards.
- Provide key direction to team on the design and development of silhouettes and details, driving innovation, global trend and seasonal.
- Drive and lead advanced innovation.
- Collaborate with Apparel Design Director on seasonal creative direction.
- Demonstrate advanced to expert-level knowledge of technical apparel, pro jersey construction and product creation process.
- Partnering with Merchandising, Sourcing and Development teams to create a smooth transition between initial concepts and final products.
- Manage internal and external staff on development of product lines.
- Ensure design intent is carried through to final product.
- Work closely with development team to ensure design intent is carried through to final product.
- Responsible for balancing Team identities with creative opportunities to elevate the league brands as well as Fanatics Brand through visual storytelling.
- Strong knowledge of trends, consumer insights, new opportunities, and competition
- Brainstorm new business opportunities with Product Line Managers, Sales, and Marketing contacts
- Comfortable presenting design concepts and assortments during reviews and presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Design, Merchandising, or related field with 5+ years professional experience. A commensurate level of 7+ years professional experience in apparel / sports uniform design is acceptable without a degree.
- Portfolio of previous work required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing people
- Experience in licensed sports strongly preferred
- Expert knowledge of apparel design, trims and garment styling and construction techniques
- Expert knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and project management systems
- Knowledgeable on latest creative software programs, techniques, and applications
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills both internally and externally
- Ability to create and execute in a deadline-oriented environment
- Individual is able to network and have a professional and positive attitude with internal and external clients and teams
- Demonstrate openness to new ideas and differing opinions
- Must have strong organization skills in order to troubleshoot and manage multiple projects
- Must be results focused and highly detail oriented
- Resolve problems timely and delivers decisions and direction in a professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills enabling the individual to interact effectively with people at various levels
- Familiarity with U.S. Sports and properties and a passion for great product and design
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight deadlines
- Sports fan is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the job
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.