Talent Licensing Planner and Purchasing Coordinator, Europe - Topps International
United Kingdom - Milton Keynes /
Fanatics Collectibles – Topps International /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The Talent Licensing Planner and Purchasing Coordinator, Europe is responsible for the coordination and procurement of relics between athletes, celebrities, personalities and Topps. In addition to managing purchase orders, producing invoices and ensuring talent/agencies and vendors are paid in a timely manner. The position acts as the center point for all coordination between talent, agencies, clubs, outside vendors and Topps in the procurement of relics for trading card products and gather all needed financial information for Accounts Payable to process payments. This person will maintain spreadsheets and perform data driven exercises on a weekly basis for Talent Licensing. The role will require collaboration with internal teams including Project Management, Accounts Payable, Finance, Digital, Marketing, Authentics, e-Commerce and Brand, as well as daily correspondence with external agencies and Topps representatives.
- Manage and coordinate relics with internal team, Topps witness representatives and UEFA Club contacts
- Spearhead strategy and new tactics for optimizing relic acquisition throughout the product calendar year
- Collaborate with Project Management to strategize, plan and manage product production schedules and specific product deadlines
- Lead cross functional team meetings with Brand, Project Management, Finance and Talent Licensing on a weekly basis
- Review product checklists with Brand for relic requirements
- Ensure compliance to contractual obligations ensuring all services are executed
- Act as liaison to multiple internal departments, including Operations, Finance, Marketing and Brand teams, to implement fulfillment of contract requirements and payments
- Create new suppliers and maintain purchase orders from inception to completion
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to ensure supplier addresses and tax information are up to date and current in the system
- Ensure that inventory receipts are transacted accurately, and all expenses are allocated to the appropriate accounts
- Assorted departmental tasks as needed
Skills & Experience
- Experience in a related field (Sports Industry Project Management, Finance, Business, etc.)
- Candidates should be self-confident, energetic, pro-active, organized and highly detailed-oriented
- Must like a fast-paced environment, and have ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and thrive in changing circumstances
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Thorough understanding of financial close processes and controls
- Knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office applications, must love Excel
- Strong passion and comprehensive knowledge of football, football players and UEFA Competitions a plus
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.