Strategic Operations Analyst - Trading Cards
New York - New York /
Fanatics Collectibles – Strategy /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
Fanatics Collectibles is looking for a Strategic Operations Analyst to tackle some of the highest priority, highest complexity, and highest visibility initiatives to improve operations, drive efficiencies, and stand-up special projects for the Collectibles trading card business function. This role reports directly to the Chief of Staff to the President of Trading Cards and will interface with all key parts of the business including sales, operations, licensing, finance, and marketing.
This Strategic Ops Analyst will support the Chief of Staff on high-visibility special projects for the President (both growth and process improvements) and will be expected to drive end-to-end management of ‘sub-projects’ from ideation through execution. Given the Analyst’s direct exposure to the executive team and key partners, the ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and strategic problem solver. The ideal candidate is also a highly flexible self-starter with top-notch analytical skills, a demonstrated propensity for solving difficult problems, and a clear team-first mindset. Candidates with a passion for sports, culture, & entertainment will likely find themselves a strong cultural fit.
Within the first 6 months, you will:
- Help organize, prioritize and drive multiple high-impact operational initiatives together with the Chief of Staff and work cross-functionally with the Strategy organization and other business functions to ensure project success.
- Set goals, report findings, and help present progress updates to the President and other key leaders.
- Identify areas for improvements and set-up processes to accelerate business outcomes.
- Provide strategic and analytical input to make sales, operations, and product decisions.
- Engage with a wide array of end-consumers and channel partners to better understand industry dynamics and refine recommendations accordingly.
- Become a subject-matter-expert in all things Trading Cards!
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics, accounting or similar preferred
- 0-2 years’ experience in management consulting, finance, business operations & strategy, or similar
- Strong quantitative modeling & analytical skills, excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Team-first mindset, with a passion for solving highly complex problems together
- Ability to handle a multi-tasking environment, meet deadlines, and work across a wide range of high priority initiatives
- Confidence, intellectual curiosity, ability to cut through ambiguity, and a desire to learn
$78,000 - $98,000 a year
The salary range for this posting is $78,000 - $98,000 which represents base pay only and does not include short-term or long-term incentive compensation. When determining base pay, as part of a final compensation package, we consider several factors such as location, experience, qualifications, and training.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.