California - Los Angeles /
Fanatics Collectibles – Trading Cards - Graphic Design /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
Topps is seeking a Designer to join a collaborative and growing Topps.com Product Development team. This role will report to our Art Director and in addition to the design team, will work closely with our Brand Managers and Project Managers to develop trading cards across major sports licenses including Major League Baseball, as well as entertainment licenses including Star Wars and Garbage Pail Kids. This is a fast-paced Design role where flexibility and multi-tasking is key to support daily release brands like TOPPS NOW® and Topps Project100. We are looking for someone with enthusiasm for innovative ideas, who takes pride in their work and wants to contribute their skills broadly in a truly supportive team environment.
- Create trading card production files that incorporate design direction from Art Director and editorial direction from Brand Managers and Editors.
- Develop original designs for new trading cards and brands that launch daily on Topps.com.
- Adhere to brand style guide to create daily product images, web banners, marketing material, and other web imagery to support Topps.com products.
- Review milestone schedules with project management and design team to prioritize projects and multi-task across various brands.
- Produce professional artwork at an accelerated rate.
Skills & Competencies:
- Expert in Adobe CC; Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, & Acrobat.
- Photo retouching and silhouetting.
- Strong understanding of Layout and Typography foundational skills and trends.
- Strong understanding non-destructive designing / working with Smart Objects.
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting tight deadlines across multiple projects.
- Organized and attentive to detail. Accuracy is paramount.
- 3+ years design experience or equivalent competency.
- Copywriting skills a PLUS.
- Passion for and/or knowledge of brands in the Topps portfolio a PLUS.
- Passion for and/or deep knowledge of Sports and Entertainment culture a PLUS.
$62,500 - $78,500 a year
The salary range for this posting is $62,500 - $78,500 which represents base pay only and does not include short-term or long-term incentive compensation. When determining base pay, as part of a final compensation package, we consider several factors such as location, experience, qualifications, and training.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.