Staff Cloud Engineer - (EKS)
Remote - USA /
Technology – Infrastructure, Cloud & Platform, IT /
Fanatics is building the leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans, and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Leveraging these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as the global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Trading Cards, a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end trading cards experience; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Additional ventures that will build out Fanatics’ footprint across the broader digital sports landscape will be rolled out soon.
Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 8,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
This Staff Cloud Engineer will be the key driver of our Kubernetes architecture, and will directly contribute to the next stage of our global Cloud Platform across teams internationally.
Key Technologies: Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS EKS, Microservices, Prometheus, and Grafana
Day to day:
- Design, develop, and maintain tools, services, and reusable modules and frameworks to automate provisioning of cloud infrastructure.
- Provide Product and Engineering teams with standards and best practices on how to deploy and consume public cloud services.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve team operational efficiency and consumption of cloud services.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork.
- Operate with a product mindset.
- Provide training and documentation of services and modules for internal usage.
- Closely partner with Architecture and Security teams to incorporate respective requirements and best practices.
What we are looking for:
- Experience with container technologies like GKE, EKS, ECS, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience using CI/CD frameworks and implementing best practices.
- Git, DevOps foundations, concepts like Service Ownership, SLAs and SLOs.
- Public cloud, preferably AWS, including concepts like VPCs, network Peering and Routing.
- Service Mesh, Control Plane Architectures, and Software-Defined Networking.
- Infrastructure automation like Ansible, Terraform, or Cloud Formation.
- CI/CD Technologies like Gitlab, Jenkins, Spinnaker.
- Strong understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to peers and external vendors.
- Strong active listening, conflict resolution, negotiation, consensus-building skills, and passion to learn new technologies.
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.