Senior Systems Automation Engineer
Florida - Jacksonville /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
The Senior Systems Engineer participates in planning, organizing and directing the design, operation and maintenance of the Systems Infrastructure on an enterprise level for the company as operated by the Infrastructure Department. The Systems Engineer helps define systems architecture and provides vision, problem anticipation and problem-solving ability to the organization. Additionally, the Senior Systems Engineer is familiar with a variety of the company’s concepts, practices, and procedures. The Senior Systems Engineer relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while performing a variety of tasks and duties.
General duties and responsibilities:
· Preferably currently, be working at a senior systems engineering level with the commensurate level of responsibilities
· Needs to be a subject matter expert in one to two of the following technologies, with a high level of expertise in the other one to two:
· Linux operating systems
· Ansible automation
· Provide expertise and assist customers, developers and partners with design decisions.
· Provide ongoing maintenance and application of updates and patches.
· Recommend and implement standards, policies, and procedures to achieve agreed upon service levels by tuning, maintaining, and supporting a breadth of application infrastructure.
· Responsible for providing design recommendations and expertise regarding the integration and architecture of commercial application packages.
· Responsible for identifying and recording gaps between business requirements and product functionality, as well as alternative work-around based on technical feasibility.
· Plan lifecycle replacement, coordinate outages and perform performance tuning for applications and hardware.
· Maintain monitoring and data gathering systems for reporting and performance purposes.
· Work with vendors to address and resolve problems.
· This person will participate in technical initiatives related to the design, implementation, monitoring, problem resolution, disaster planning and overall maintenance of the Fanatics Inc systems infrastructure supporting the E-commerce and fulfillment business.
· Work closely with the Operations group to ensure smooth planning, implementation and cutovers of systems.
· This position will also initiate and manage projects within the group.
· Develop partnerships with key vendors, procure equipment and maintain ongoing relationships to provide continuous system improvements.
· Interface with representatives of business units, and technology groups to define requirements and process needed to provision systems services.
· Maintain the systems roadmap for EOS dates, improvements and upgrades and capacity planning functions.
· Develop plans to grow the systems infrastructure to meet the group’s evolving service requirements.
· Participate in all technical aspects of server technology, Virtualization, Storage, Replication, and security projects including, short and long-term planning.
· Help evaluate and select systems hardware, software, and services to fulfill various businesses needs as requirements develop.
· Perform system management functions/troubleshooting/capacity planning/performance monitoring utilizing various systems management/analysis tools.
· Provide technical support, operations and problem resolution of systems infrastructure as required, including 24X7 on-call support.
· Provide support and implementation planning for business continuity and disaster recovery.
· Provided technical guidance and knowledge transfer to peers and support personnel.
· Prepare and deliver presentations to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Business, Computer Technology, Information Science, Engineering or related field and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience and education to perform job responsibilities. IT experience in system, application, and/or database administration. Experience supporting operational availability in an enterprise network or server support environment. Experience in a multi-tier application lifecycle environment. Experience deploying, configuring, monitoring, and maintaining enterprise application environments on multiple platforms.
General knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Knowledge of configuration with LINUX OS is a requirement,
· Ansible automation professional experience is a must
· Professional knowledge of configuration of K8/Kubernetes environments is a requirement
· Scripting skills in Python or bash
· Working knowledge of Microsoft OS, VMWare, and SANs.
· Working knowledge of data center architecture and infrastructure
· Knowledge of configuration with PCI DSS
· Some knowledge of applications and development methodologies.
· Proficient knowledge and experience with network and systems management/analysis tools such as vRealize Operations, New Relic, Nagios, ELK Stack, etc.
· Experience with Nutanix, Dell Compute and Storage, Pure Storage is desired.
· Ability to respond quickly, troubleshoot and resolve a system infrastructure problem in a methodical and effective manner.
· Ability to document designs and reference architectures in detail.
· The candidate will be responsible to liaise with other groups such as application, database, and network teams to develop business and technical requirements, project plans, system designs and implementation plans.
· Proven written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to provide a synopsis to management.
· Candidate must have a good grasp of system trends and the mission of the group in order to provide the most cost effective and efficient systems.d
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.