Senior Cloud Engineer
Remote - New York /
Fanatics Betting & Gaming – Engineering IT /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The base salary range for this role is $152,000 per year - $228,000 per year, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This role is eligible for the Fanatics Betting and Gaming annual bonus program and an equity award.
In addition to the base, bonus, and equity, full-time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid time off, and other benefits like GymPass, Pet Insurance, Family Care Benefits, Free Shipt deliveries, and more. We’ll also give you $500 to set up your home office!
For information about our benefits, please visit https://benefitsatfanatics.com/.
As a SENIOR CLOUD ENGINEER at Fanatics Betting & Gaming (FBG), you are here to be part of the growing IT Infrastructure organization. We are seeking a Cloud Engineer to be part of the growing IT Infrastructure organization. This engineer will be responsible for the provisioning and maintenance of cloud services to support our retail business, center of excellence (COE) locations, and workplace technology. All infrastructure implementations will be greenfield, cloud-native, and managed through code. The engineer will be a proficient AWS technologist, a Terraform developer and have experience with Ansible configuration management. This team member will design and implement core AWS services like EC2, Systems Manager, RDS, Workspaces, ALBs, EKS clusters, and networking (VPCs, route tables, subnets, virtual private gateways, etc.) to host retail, workplace, and COE application stacks. Other responsibilities would include working with the retail business to automate endpoint management at scale with tools like Ansible and EKS.
- Responsible for building and administering our retail, COE, and workplace cloud infrastructure.
- Creating and managing a configuration management process for our retail locations using Ansible.
- Proactively monitor performance, cost, and availability of our cloud systems.
- Implement highly available, cost-conscious, and right-sized cloud technologies through Terraform Cloud.
- Create partnerships with our Platform Engineering, DBA, Networking, Workplace IT, and Security teams to enable their roadmaps and solve technical challenges.
- Design, order, and coordinate AWS Outpost deliveries with the AWS account team and colocation data center providers.
- Enabling lightweight cloud native workloads to run on container orchestration tools such as EKS, and the management of each cluster.
- Building and supporting automation scripts and small applications to aid in the management of the AWS and on-prem environments, leveraging Python or other similar languages
- Mentor team members on optimal cloud and infrastructure as code deployment patterns.
- Aide in budget forecasting and cloud cost management.
- Ensure that security best practices are applied to systems and supporting infrastructure.
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience.
- Experience working in a high-growth tech start-up.
- Experience selecting and maintaining the proper AWS services to meet our customer’s needs.
- Experience with managing AWS resources through Terraform, preferably Terraform Cloud.
- Ability to implement backup services, monitoring/alerting, and OS patching in a public cloud environment.
- Ability to coordinate technical deliveries across multiple teams and stakeholders..
- AWS cost reporting, optimization, and attribution experience.
- Familiar with high availability and multi-region cloud architectures.
- Experience managing dispersed systems across multiple locations using Ansible as a configuration management tool. AWX experience preferred.
- Experience managing EKS clusters and deploying applications into Kubernetes to support a cloud-native approach to centralized services.
- Experience in developing applications and writing scripts in one or more languages, preferably Python
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with a stellar track record of managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- You lead by example and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the team’s work to fill gaps.
- Experience with implementing business continuity and disaster recovery programs
If you possess some of these skills but not all of them, we still encourage you to apply!
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.