Retail Associate - Pittsburgh Pirates/PNC Park
Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh /
Fanatics Commerce – Retail & In-Venue /
Fanatics is the ultimate one-stop sports fan destination that ignites and harnesses the passion of fans and maximizes the presence and reach for preeminent sports partners globally. Leveraging long-standing, often exclusive relationships with more than 900 sports properties, a database of more than 90 million consumers worldwide and a trusted brand name, Fanatics is furthering its innovation across the sports landscape by building the leading global digital sports platform, complete with offerings including e-commerce and licensed merchandise, physical and digital trading cards and collectibles, and online sports betting and iGaming.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Fanatics Collectibles, a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end physical and digital collectibles experience; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform.
As a market leader with more than 10,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
The Seasonal Retail Associate is responsible for carrying out the front line selling effort, driving sales revenue for the organization, creating the ultimate shopping experience for our fans and maintaining retail standards through back of house operations. Seasonal Retail Associates will drive results through effective communication and a demonstrated ability to work as a member of a winning team.
The Seasonal Retail Associate will be expected to work a part-time schedule which can include days, nights, and weekends.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet fans and ask questions to help make their shopping experience an enjoyable one
- Make recommendations based on observations and conversations with fans
- Help execute a brand connection by ensuring fans enjoy a top notch shopping experience
- Maintain sales floor and/or stockroom standards with an eye to detail
- Process sales transactions via the Fanatics Point of Sale System (POS)
- Maintain the highest standards of professionalism and customer service to ensure the Fanatics Brand and Team/League are always positively represented
- Perform additional responsibilities as directed by the management team
Education, Experience and Requirements
- Minimum 18 years of age, High School graduate or equivalent
- Past experience working in retail or sales preferred
- Ability to work independently and responsibly in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to work extended hours on game days and during events
- Foreign language skills are a plus
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess a fun, professional demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to build product knowledge of Team/League inventory
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team in fast paced environments, servicing a diverse fan base
- Ability to maintain high standards of organization and cleanness
- Proven ability to overcome obstacles while maintaining a positive, can do attitude
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Regularly required to sit stand, reach, bend and move about the facility as needed
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Game Day scheduling may have exposure to various weather elements (rainy, windy, cold, high temperatures, etc.) if assigned location is outside of the shop
This particular venue currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.