Packaging Graphic Designer
New York - New York /
Fanatics Collectibles – Trading Cards - Graphic Design /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The Packaging Designer is responsible for the creative design & layout of the packaging for our products – meeting the goals and objectives of the department. Interacting with the Brand Managers and the Art Directors, the Packaging Designer is responsible for their project from the conception of the packaging designs through the release of production files to the printer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Translate design direction from the Art Director into compelling design solutions.
- Produce creative concepts and maintain quality packaging designs for the company’s line of products.
- Manage all product deliverables on assigned programs.
- Execute production functions, such as cropping, scaling, illustration and retouching.
- Understand mechanical standards for effective cost savings for production.
- Follow licensor and in-store requirements and ensure all designs meet those requirements.
- Collaborate closely with Brand Managers, Art Directors and Editors.
- Communicate with the Packaging Engineer & Planning teams to ensure that the latest specs and die lines are available.
- Communicate with print vendors on file status.
- Attend team meetings and provide progress reports.
- Bachelor of Fine Art Degree with an emphasis on Graphic Design or equivalent.
- 3+ years related business experience in Packaging Design or Print Production.
- Packaging, Prepress or Graphic Production experience preferred.
- Expert skills in Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat), as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent design, layout and typography skills.
- Knowledge of cuts, creases, perforations, folding, nature and behavior of the packaging material such as paper, corrugated sheet and other types.
- Ability to manage both small and large projects to completion.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills - Accuracy is essential.
- Emphasis on teamwork and collaboration. Willing to pitch in however and whenever needed to accomplish goals of the department.
- Ability to work independently, using judgment on design techniques, processes and methods for performing work activities.
$70,000 - $75,000 a year
The salary range for this position is $70,000-75,000k which represents base pay only and does not include short-term or long-term incentive compensation. When determining base pay, as part of a final compensation package, we consider several factors such as location, experience, qualifications, and training.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.