Apparel / Jersey Product Designer, NHL
Florida - Tampa /
Fanatics Commerce – Fanatics Brands - Design (Apparel and Graphic) /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
Create conceptual NHL design sketches which convey body, styling, fit intent, fabrics, trims, and colors. Execute the design and development of product based on creative direction, product brief and line plan. Work closely with NHL Product Design manager and team to create consistent storytelling across NHL uniforms and locker room apparel. Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Graphic Design, Product Development, Sourcing and Merchandising on complete product strategy to meet financial targets. This person needs to be results and detail oriented, team player with a passion for sports.
- Translate design sketches utilizing Adobe Illustrator which convey body, styling, fit intent, fabric, trim and color
- Support and have some oversight of the design and development of seasonal, replenishment and special event lines
- Will be an integral partner with Merchandising, Sourcing and Product Development teams to create a smooth transition between initial concepts and final products
- Strong knowledge of trends, consumer insights, new opportunities, and competition
- Must have a consumer-focused mindset with an understanding of needs and ability to translate into product design
- Work closely with Materials and Product Development teams to ensure design intent is carried through to final product
- Responsible for balancing brand identity rules with creative opportunities in order to elevate the league brands as well as Fanatics Brands through visual storytelling
- Provide unique insight into relevant market trends with a point of view on commercial viability of styles with a consumer-focused mindset
- Work cross-functionally across all teams and departments and maintains a professional and positive attitude with both internal and external clients
- Understand and follow company policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Design, Merchandising, or related field with 2-4 years professional experience; 4+ years of professional experience in Apparel Design is acceptable without a degree. Portfolio of previous work required.
- Strong skill set and knowledge of apparel design, fabrics, trims, garment styling and construction techniques
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign with an awareness of the latest creative software programs, techniques, and applications
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and project management systems
- Strong written and verbal communication both internally and externally
- Must be results focused and highly detail oriented
- Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude with internal and external clients with an openness to new ideas and differing opinions
- Must have strong organizational skills in order to troubleshoot and manage multiple projects
- Familiarity with U.S. Sports and Licensed properties with a passion for great product and design
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight deadlines.
- Sports fan a plus
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the job
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.