Sr. Director - Supply Chain Technology
Florida - Jacksonville /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
This role will lead multi-location software engineering team responsible for Technology that supports Ecommerce Supply Chain and Fulfillment operations. Ideal candidate will have passion for innovation and building technology solutions that enable best-in-class operational productivity and possess expert understanding of how supply chain performance impacts customer experience. This individual will be execution and results focused with emphasis on quality, on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and work collaboratively with other teams.
- Identify Tech opportunities for next levels of operational excellence and build ROI/business case in partnership with business team
- Use technology to move the needle of business performance. Plan and execute Proof Of Concepts with current-gen technologies like Machine Learning, AI, Google Glass
- Drive requirements, design, build, test, deploy, support for systems that run Ecommerce Supply Chain & Fulfillment. Current systems include Manhattan WMOS, Pyramid WCS, Compass WCS, Proship Parcel Shipping System, Eurosort Bomb-bay sorter, Shipping sorter, Put To Light, Pick To Light, Cognos BI, Manhattan Labor Management System.
- On-going maintenance and 24x7 support of systems that run Ecommerce Supply Chain and Fulfillment
- Provide technical oversight in design, build and roll-out of new systems/enhancements/features/reports
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture, Product Management, and Business Stakeholders to implement technology solutions
- Implement/Refine the processes needed to achieve and sustain operational excellence including project delivery and systems reliability
- Issue, Change, and Risk Management
- Vendor Management and Contract Negotiation
- Budget Management
- Bachelor's degree in Science/Engineering/Technology. Master's degree will be a plus.
- Expert knowledge of Supply Chain and Fulfillment processes preferably in Ecommerce/Consumer Goods/Retail environment. Sound understanding of Supply Chain Metrics.
- Experience implementing best-of-breed WMS and WCS/Warehouse Automation solutions like Manhattan Associates WMOS, JDA/RedPrairie, Highjump in high volume environments.
- Experience driving innovation in Supply Chain and Fulfillment domain through Technology. Knowledge of Manufacturing domain will be a plus.
- 14+ years of experience in Technology. 8+ years leading Supply Chain Technology teams in complex D2C environments.
- 5+ years of experience implementing large-scale, high availability systems. Knowledge of Monitoring/Alerting tools like New Relic will be a plus.
- 3+ years people-management experience as a Technology Director. Experience mentoring high-performing Director/Sr Manager level direct reports.
- Deep understanding of performance aspects in Application Design and Delivery
- 5+ years of experience working with RDBMS like Oracle, SQL Server. Knowledge of No SQL Databases will be a plus. Good knowledge of process and data modeling.
- Good understanding of testing automation
- Experience with Agile/Kanban methodology
- Technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism in working collaboratively at all levels inside/outside the organization
What can Fanatics offer you?
- Fanatics leadership team scored an “A+” by 967 employees placing it in the Top 5% of companies sized 1,001-5,000 Employees in the US. Take a look our page on Comparably.
- We put an emphasis on our people as Fanatics won 2 awards in 2019 and 3 awards in 2018. Fanatics won Best CEOs for Diversity 2019 and Best CEOs for Women 2019.
- Whether it’s our comprehensive wellness coverage options, generous time off policies, or a great employee discount to load up on swag of your favorite teams; we boast a competitive total rewards package. Click here to find out more about our perks and benefits.
- Competitive compensation as employees at Fanatics rank their Compensation in the Top 20% of similar sized companies in the US.
- Casual office environment so that you can be you! Whether it’s playing video games or team bonding on the basketball court, there’s always a place for you to recharge.
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.