Graphic Artworker - Apparel
United Kingdom - Manchester /
Fanatics Commerce – Fanatics Brands - Design (Apparel and Graphic) /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The Graphic Artworker will be responsible for replicating template-based designs with high attention to detail to ensure that all brand guidelines are met and accurate. Advanced Data, Graphic and Font replication experience needed to maintain aesthetic for Sports licensed business groups. Illustrator and Photoshop skills necessary to ensure graphic design integrity and maintain product quality. This position will also work with the cross functional internal partners such as: Merchandising, Graphic Design, Product Development, Tampa Production Art, Imaging Team and Operations.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Roll-out designs across Fanatics’ license partners and create overviews for partner & buyer presentations, handing these over to the production art team when needed
• Managing the graphics adopted for the international market from the US market – including requesting art from the US team, adapting graphics, finalising license submit sheets and setting up artwork.
• Support Creative for the build out of licensing sheets and work in collaboration with the Licensing Team to submit for partner approvals.
•Executes decoration changes involving any size or technique change, which may require the revision and reposting of updated vendor files
• Supports and partners with internal creative department to replicate apparel design templates in line with league or branded needs, with intermediate supervision.
• Responsible for creating computer generated and/or full color graphics output that can be processed or layer separated through internal technology for apparel, jersey, and headwear products. Turning concepts into print – buy ready deliverables while understanding the full production process.
• Gaining technical knowledge of graphic setups, application type graphic preparation, typography, color matching, application processes that are industry known is necessary for success.
• Builds out technical graphics to support innovative machines and changes to processes, that detail specific template attributes necessary for replication.
• Must maintain the aesthetic integrity of replicated fonts and detailed graphics for our licensed partners
• Responsible for color matching product across multiple product categories
• Assist Creative Team & Design Managers with flex assignments as needed
• Works on a variety of assignments on an as-needed basis
• Maintains records, documents, and other files.
• Maintains archive of images, photos and previous work products.
• Assisting Designers on art setup of vendor/supplier art files working to AI, PDF, PSD & PNG formats
• Able to accurately call-out any conflicting data on art files & systems such as items ID (graphic codes), decoration types & colours.
This is a fast-paced, exciting work environment where you will work with a passionate team, producing quality graphic apparel for the fans!
•Associates degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience that equals 3 to 5 years of experience in Apparel, Licensing or Sports related experience
•Can provide a strong professional portfolio showcasing a wide range of skills/abilities
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Must have intermediate to advanced level experience with Adobe Creative Suite
• Functional computer skills and familiarity with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Familiarity with Pantone Matching System
•Understanding fonts, typefaces, and the ability to cross reference, match, and replicate. Graphic and font replication experience needed to maintain aesthetic for licensed business groups
• Demonstrate some apparel embellishment knowledge
• Ability to thrive and deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Works well collaboratively with a team as well as individually
• Sports fan, a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity and inclusivity at Fanatics. Our commitment to inclusion drives us forward every day; across all races, gender, gender identities, age, sexual orientation, religious & spiritual beliefs, neurodiversity, disability, and all identities of our people both current and future. If you have any requirement(s) for reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, and/or to perform essential job functions, please contact us.
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.