Sr Product Developer / Component & Embellishment Developer
Florida - Tampa /
Fanatics Brands – Operations - FB - AVP /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end collectibles experience; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Additional ventures that will build out Fanatics’ footprint across the broader digital sports landscape will be rolled out soon. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 8,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
As the Product Developer, you will utilize your knowledge related to product patterns, fit, and construction while working closely with design and merchandising to understand the creative vision of each project and translate concepts into product. This is a hybrid role where you will focus on innovation and performance development for sports uniforms and jerseys as well as development of decorative logo components and embellishments.
You will work closely with all in-house teams cross functionally, with Design, Merchandising, and Sourcing for best-in-class performance gear in a very fast pace environment.
- Develop product for professional sports leagues—uniforms & jerseys
- Work with Fanatics cross functional teams and factory partners to proactively manage the styling, material and trim requirements relative to manufacturability, performance, quality, cost, lead-times and minimums. Must be resourceful and a creative problem solver.
- Lead and execute development process on all stages of construction and fit and embellishment placements. Resolve and fit & quality issues with recommended solutions maintaining deadlines and commercially acceptable product decisions. Understanding of wear testing and capturing data to inform construction, fit and performance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an advanced ability to communicate new ideas, concepts and functional expertise within project teams and to external stakeholder
- Submit sampling & mock-up requests to factories. Create tech packs for sampling and production that are consistent, accurate, complete and posted to vendors by required calendar deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company and with sports leagues and teams.
- Create strong team interaction with internal and external teams: Merchandising, Design, Production, Planning, Materials Research, and Quality to ensure a coordinated and efficient process.
- Foster and maintain key partnerships with all cross functional partners.
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Initiate Component development with factories.
- Receive and review submits from manufacturing group for color and quality prior to submitting to internal color teams.
- Build and maintain development trackers as needed and report on product buy ready.
- Travel as necessary to finalize the development of product
- Identify opportunities within the process to increase speed, efficiency and quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Textiles, Clothing Technology and/or Manufacturing or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in the sports apparel industry with a strong knowledge of fabric and component development as well as testing standards and methods.
- Strong background in component development process and graphic design a plus.
- Experience in knitted fabric construction, performance fabrics, garment construction, graphic art/print knowledge, raw materials, wash techniques, wear testing programs, fabric & garment testing & production would be a plus.
- Must be able to identify issues and analyze relevant data to determine the correct and appropriate course of action and generate solutions.
- Must be deadline driven and have a pro-active and creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent organizational, communication, follow-up skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines and tasks in a fast-paced environment. Strong sense of urgency and intuitive sense of priorities and accuracy.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally, as required.
- Proficient in PLM, databases, Adobe illustrator, and MS Office applications.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.