Sr UX Researcher
Remote - USA /
Fanatics Betting & Gaming – Product Design /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The base salary range for this role is $115,000 per year - $189,000 per year, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This role is eligible for the Fanatics Betting and Gaming annual bonus program and an equity award.
In addition to the base, bonus, and equity, full-time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid time off and other benefits like GymPass, Pet Insurance, Family Care Benefits, Free Shipt deliveries, and more. We’ll also give you $500 to set up your home office!
For information about our benefits, please visit https://benefitsatfanatics.com/
We are looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to own research initiatives around our Sportsbook and Casino products. The ideal candidate is someone who uses research to help answer big questions and shape in-product and real-world experiences for our customers. You will own research projects end-to-end for your team and are comfortable working closely with designers, product managers, and engineers who care deeply about creating top-notch user experiences.
In addition, as the newest member of our growing research team, you will help us optimize our tools and process as we strive to improve our craft and consistently deliver breakthrough insights.
- Conduct generative and evaluative research studies that shape product decisions
- Create and maintain your research roadmap in partnership with product teams
- Sustain an informed and empathetic organization by strengthening our understanding of our customers and evangelizing research insights throughout the company
- Highlight usability issues and advise your team on how to improve them
- Increase research efficiency by contributing to the optimization of tools, processes, and workflows with the research team
Skills & Qualifications
- You have six years or more of research experience testing customer-facing products across a range of screen surfaces. Experience with consumer-facing entertainment and media products, large touchscreens, and TV apps is a huge bonus.
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of user research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- A portfolio demonstrating your work as a UX researcher along with stories about how your research helped fuel product breakthroughs
- Experience working with stakeholders to understand their needs and translate them into study designs and research questions
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively to different audiences within Turo
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Open to regular travel to gaming events, content suppliers and other Fanatics offices for various offsite and team meetings
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.