Headwear, Product Line Manager
Florida - Tampa /
Fanatics Brands /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
We are a passionate group of product developers, designers, artists, merchants and planners where art truly meets science. Fanatics Brands is proud to be the largest purveyor of long-term rights and partnerships for all major sports leagues and hundreds of colleges. We are first to market with premium apparel and headwear along with official fan jerseys for the NHL, NBA and NFL. When the Super Bowl, Stanley Cup and World Series ends, we are the team running apparel to the players and delivering to fans around the globe. Our commitment to sports doesn’t stop there - we’ve made strategic alliances with Blizzard Entertainment, Disney, Marvel, Lucas Film and Pixar to bring fans an unprecedented assortment. At its core, Fanatics Brands is all about speed and agility. We are built to always respond to the ever-changing sports world.
The Headwear, Product Line Manager will be responsible for all aspects of product line and product life management for e-commerce, retail, and wholesale.
- Drive key product concepts, including the creation of key stories and product, that generates an emotional connection to the brand and consumer
- Create comprehensive line plans by distribution channels and leagues based on category direction
- Translate consumer insights into commercially viable, trend-relevant stories
- Plan product lines with the understanding of a finished, chase and blank inventory opportunity
- Brief the design team on direction based on seasonal needs, art and speed to market
- Utilize and optimize the merchant planning team to track and define key business opportunities
- Take ownership of category margins and business portfolio management, including but not limited to regional pricing, SKU management, and product performance in market
- Manage channel segmentation, including partnering with buyers to present product at key times during the year
- Present your product line to the ecommerce, buying, and in-venue teams to ensure a clear handoff as the selling season begins
- Ensure alignment between sales, product, marketing, buyers and the supply chain
- Drive ecommerce and wholesale MSRP to achieve category margin and profitability targets
- Constantly analyze the competitor landscape to drive our ability to build new growth opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Merchandising, Manufacturing, Apparel or related field; or a commensurate level of professional experience (5+ years) is acceptable without a degree
- Minimum 3 years of product merchandising/creation experience
- At least 1 year of people management experience preferred
- Headwear experience preferred
- Strong understanding of merchandise buying and basic math/financial skills
- Intermediate experience with fashion, color and trend analysis
- Experience in using and utilizing sales data to analyze and steer a business
- Intermediate skill level in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as familiarity with data warehouses and database management
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Experience in identifying the right products to meet brief requirements
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the job
- Understanding of U.S. and/or Global sports a plus
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.