Sports Editor German/English - Topps International
Germany - Frankfurt /
Fanatics Collectibles – Topps International /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The Sports Editor is responsible for the end-to-end editorial process on assigned projects, working closely with brand, design and operations teams to create compelling and innovative products. The Sports Editor is responsible for both the text and image-based content of our products. This position requires a mastery of German and English, and an unrelenting attention to detail. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Pre-Production
- Select, assign, and crop high-quality, design-appropriate photographic images for retouching and production
- Develop text and statistics-orientedcontent for collectible trading cards and sticker albums
- Build and manage subject list in partnership with brand team
- Review proofs for accuracy and integrity
- Manage internal and external content providers
- Work with external photo retouching and prepress vendors throughout production, correction, and imposition cycles
- Create and maintain pre-press budgets
- Master internal Content Management Platforms
- Partner with project management team to create and execute on prepress schedules
- Collaborate with Brand and Design teams to help develop themes and looks for assigned projects
- Participate in and contribute to Product Review and brainstorming sessions for upcoming production cycles
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field preferred
- Excellent in-depth knowledge of professional sports, historical and current; particularly Bundesliga, DFL, UEFA Champions League, Europa League, EUROS
- Recognition of player likenesses, past and present
- Understanding of licensor style guides, uniforms, colors, logos, and markings
- Basic knowledge of graphic design, photographic principles, and print production
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting tight deadlines on multiple projects
- Organized and highly attentive to detail
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.