Sr. Manager - IT Operations/Service Desk
Remote - New York /
Fanatics Betting & Gaming – Engineering IT /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The base salary range for this role is $140,000 per year - $220,000 per year, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This role is eligible for the Fanatics Betting and Gaming annual bonus program and an equity award.
In addition to the base, bonus, and equity, full-time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid time off, and other benefits like GymPass, Pet Insurance, Family Care Benefits, Free Shipt deliveries, and more. We’ll also give you $500 to set up your home office!
For information about our benefits, please visit https://benefitsatfanatics.com/.
As a SENIOR MANAGER IT OPERATIONS/ SERVICE DESK at Fanatics Betting & Gaming (FBG), you are here to be part of the growing IT Infrastructure organization. We are seeking a Sr. Manager IT Operations/Service Desk to build a world-class support team. They will provide technical & personal leadership to service desk technicians and support engineers, be responsible for end-user hardware and software support, and manage the incident management process. They will oversee and coordinate the daily performance of service desk teams, ensuring our internal users receive exemplary support and services. They will also recruit, train and support service desk and support engineers. They will also be responsible for setting goals and guidelines, establishing budgets and timelines, performing assessments and inspections, monitoring the progress of operations, and resolving issues or conflicts should any arise.
To be successful, the Sr. Service Desk manager should have excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise within the service desk team. Be a mentor and role model for the service desk team.
- Gather and present support metrics and activities to key stakeholders.
- Remain current on technology and support trends.
- Recruit, train, and support service desk and support engineers.
- Ensure customer service is timely and accurate on a daily basis.
- Develop project plans and schedules to ensure constant coverage of multiple offices.
- Provide subject matter expertise, consulting, and implementation services for Jira and the Jira Service Desk platform.
- Set specific customer service standards.
- Maintain and update onboarding documentation and processes for new hires.
- Ensure that processes used by the service desk team are well-documented and communicated.
- Collaborate regularly with the IT functional teams (e.g., Security, Engineering, DevOps, etc.) on major initiatives to ensure alignment of support activities across the organization.
- Maintain an up-to-date and detailed inventory for all Bet Fanatics-owned computers and mobile device.
- 7+ years of IT experience and 5+ years of IT leadership experience
- Experience working in a hyper-scale tech start-up is a plus
- Experience hiring, managing, and leading a team of IT professionals
- Experience maintaining end-user hardware equipment.
- Knowledge of Information Security best practices.
- Expertise in managing external vendors, procurement, and budgets.
- Expert in corporate managing assets through cloud-based IT systems and MDM best practices.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with a stellar track record of managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- You lead by example and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the team’s work to fill gaps as needed.
- Proven track record of automating system deployments with ZTE (zero-touch enrollment) in mind.
- Experience utilizing, servicing, and troubleshooting the following: Okta, Google Workplace, Chrome OS, Jira, Confluence, Slack, MDM / MAM Solutions (e.g., JAMF, Workspace ONE, etc.)
If you possess some of these skills but not all of them, we still encourage you to apply!
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.