Staff Product Designer - Fan Ecosystem, Cross-sell
Remote - New York /
Fanatics Betting & Gaming – Product Design /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The base salary range for this role is $121,000 per year - $200,000 per year, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This role is eligible for the Fanatics Betting and Gaming annual bonus program and an equity award.
In addition to the base, bonus, and equity, full-time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid time off and other benefits like GymPass, Pet Insurance, Family Care Benefits, Free Shipt deliveries, and more. We’ll also give you $500 to set up your home office!
For information about our benefits, please visit https://benefitsatfanatics.com/
We are looking for a Staff Product Designer to join our Fan Ecosystem team at Fanatics Betting and Gaming. Fan Ecosystem is a balanced team of Product Managers, Product Designers, and Engineers who create experiences within our Free-to-Play game & Cross-sell verticals across Fanatics Holding Company. We like to think of ourselves as the compass that guides customers through the ever-expanding universe of fandom. As a Staff Product Designer working on the Fanatics Betting & Gaming cross-sell team, you will create experiences that touch other Fanatics verticals including but not limited to Fanatics Sportsbook, Fanatics Commerce, and Fanatics Collectibles. You’ll collaborate inside and outside of Fanatics Betting and Gaming to maximize value for customers across the whole of Fanatics. In this role, you’ll report to the Director of Product Design on the Fan Ecosystem team.
- You are data-informed but recognize and feel comfortable advocating that valuable customer data comes from multiple sources, market research, UX research, a/b testing, and qualitative interviews.
- You believe in acts of leadership at all levels and hold space for the variety of communication and working styles that naturally arises within a diverse team.
- You are a proactive systems thinker who is comfortable with taking the ambiguous and making it tangible by leveraging a process based on your lived experience as a design practitioner.
- You have 6 or more years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
- You have 3 or more years of experience at the senior level leading large-scale initiatives and mentoring designers in your area of expertise.
- You have a track record of designing high-quality digital products that deliver results and demonstrate the depth of your design skills; illustrated in a portfolio or case studies.
- You have expert knowledge of the end to end product design process, demonstrating a command of product strategy, distilling the jobs to be done for a given user, journey mapping, information architecture, interaction design, and user interface design.
- You have Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your design rationale.
- You have deep experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working with cross-functional teams including development, product management, and product research
- You have experience conducting accessibility evaluations of components and/or page-level designs, excellent knowledge of accessibility guidelines (WCAG) and a track record of advocating for accessibility improvements and prioritization.You have the capacity to participate in technical conversations and discern the UX impact of those conversations. You have a deep understanding of the needs of the engineers you’ve worked with previously.
- You are curious and like to stay in tuned with the latest product development practices.
- You are a teacher and like guiding others on best practices and latest techniques.
- You are a proficient prototyper. We use Figma but anyone who is a quick study on the hard skills is a strong candidate so long as the process and soft skills are on lock.
Experience and Skills
- Drive and co-own key initiatives among a cross-functional team on our Cross-sell experiences. Work cross-functionally with Fanatics partner teams to capture elements of Fanatics digital properties inside Fanatics Betting and Gaming products, including e-commerce, ticketing/experiences, and future business verticals.
- Help to craft the vision for our products by identifying new opportunities along with the outcomes, solution ideas, and assumption tests to gain confidence and support prioritization. Work with Product Managers and Software Engineers to discover, refine, develop, and ship features within an agile environment.
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration efforts like workshops & design sprints to generate and evaluate creative solutions.
- Create detailed user flows, wireframes, etc., communicating UX clearly to relevant teams.
- Prototype user experiences and work with your UX Research team to coordinate and run qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Offer efficient iteration based on feedback from internal stakeholders and UX research study results.
- Clearly articulate the rationale behind your design choices and field feedback from your peers and stakeholders.
- Capture and think through logical/implementable solutions for edge-cases and unhappy paths for engineering teams to build out.
- Write and maintain UX documentation on design elements, patterns, layouts, and user flows, including usage guidelines and best practices.
- Track the impact of your work via user feedback and data insights to help the team identify opportunities for continued iteration.
- Maintain cohesion throughout Fanatics Betting & Gaming products by attending design team studio hours and supporting the work of your fellow experience enthusiasts.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.