Product Developer (Seasonal: January 4 – December 31, 2021)
Florida - Tampa /
Fanatics Brands /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
We are a passionate group of product developers, designers, artists, merchants and planners where art truly meets science. Fanatics Brands is proud to be the largest purveyor of long-term rights and partnerships for all major sports leagues and hundreds of colleges. We are first to market with premium apparel and headwear along with official fan jerseys for the NHL, NBA and NFL. When the Super Bowl, Stanley Cup and World Series ends, we are the team running apparel to the players and delivering to fans around the globe. Our commitment to sports doesn’t stop there - we’ve made strategic alliances with Blizzard Entertainment, Disney, Marvel, Lucas Film and Pixar to bring fans an unprecedented assortment. At its core, Fanatics Brands is all about speed and agility. We are built to always respond to the ever-changing sports world.
Responsible for the development of assigned product lines and the timely adherence to calendar deliverables that lead to buy-ready product from Seasonal: January 4 – December 31, 2021.
As a Product Developer, you will utilize your knowledge related to product patterns, fit, and construction while working closely with design and merchandising to understand the creative vision of each project and translate concepts into product. You will work closely with all in-house teams, along with oversea vendors to ensure production. In Product Creation and Development, you will be involved in the first stages of creating new products, commercialization and getting them to the consumers. This involves everything from idea generation, materials and construction, materials sourcing, product testing and product confirmation.
- Develops product for assigned leagues within the channel of distribution
- Manage development projects from insights, through concepts, validation and into seasonal integrations in collaboration with project teams.
- Work with Design to proactively manage the styling, material and trim requirements relative to manufacturability, performance, quality, cost, lead-times and minimums.
- Maintain cost and master bill of materials during development process.
- Ensure the delivery and evaluation of quality lab dips/print strike-offs and communicate comments to vendor.
- Communicate information and any issues to all related internal parties as well as to overseas mills, agents, and manufacturers.
- International and domestic travel as required to achieve a high level of product and technology development, including visits to manufacturing facilities, R&D partners and consumers to assist in the creation, development, commercialization and integration of product.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an advanced ability to communicate new ideas, concepts and functional expertise within project teams and to external stakeholder
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Create strong team interaction with Merchandising, Design, Production, Planning, Materials Research, and Quality to ensure a coordinated and efficient process.
- Foster and maintain key partnerships with vendors.
- Create and maintain dashboarding of product development metrics for corporate transparency and executive review.
- Review and continuously update standard operating procedures in partnership with team for best departmental efficiencies and practices
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in a related field
- 5-7 years relevant experience in apparel product development and management
- Technical knowledge of fabric, construction, and product engineering
- Knowledge of factory operations as they relate to costing and manufacturing limitations
- Experience working with vendors in Asia and South/Central America
- Understanding of apparel and raw material testing
- Working knowledge of tariffs and duty rates
- Understanding of supply chain logistics
- Familiar with industry standard development processes/procedures, quality standards and compliance regulations.
- Ability to introduce and implement new processes and procedures
- Ability to communicate across multiple cultural and experience levels, internal & external
- Proven leadership skills and communication skills are a must
- Strong Computer skills in excel, word and necessary systems needed
- Travel Required
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.