Data Privacy Analyst
California - San Mateo /
Business Affairs – Business Affairs & Legal /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
We are seeking an experienced Data Privacy Analyst to join the Fanatics rapidly growing privacy team. This role will be responsible for helping lead global privacy operations. The role will be based in the U.S.; remote/hybrid work possible. Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. This role is in based in California or Jacksonville, Florida.
- Help run, enhance, and monitor the effectiveness of key privacy compliance processes and programs
- Fulfillment data subject rights
- Manage the ongoing maintenance and improvement of Fanatics data inventory, updating existing and adding new records of processing activities
- Facilitate Privacy by Design by working with key business stakeholders to complete Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) and performing the initial review of completed PIAs and Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) for new processing activities, IT changes, projects, and data ingests
- Participate in the privacy component of Fanatics third-party risk management program, including sending out questionnaires, reviewing answers for privacy implications, and coordinating with Security, Legal Compliance and Procurement
- Respond to prospect and customer privacy questionnaires and maintain repository of answers
- Help manage privacy and data protection trainings
- Monitor the privacy email alias and serve as the initial point of contact for customer, prospect, and internal privacy inquiries
- Support updates to Fanatics public-facing notices and disclaimers
- Collaborate closely with counterparts on the Compliance, Security, IT, Internal Audit, and HR teams
- Collaborating with other members of the legal team on data and privacy related matters pertaining to their areas of responsibility.
- The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, who instills confidence, thinks creatively, and is able to initiate and develop alternative approaches to complex issues, and who has:
- Experience with consumer data;
- Technological fluency;
- The ability to prioritize and balance competing objectives while providing high-quality work product in a timely manner to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; and be able to provide practical, actionable and risk-based advice;
- The ability to working independently, while also being a team player; and a strong sense of integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-8 years of global privacy
- Basic knowledge of global privacy and regulatory frameworks, including GDPR, CCPA, CAN-SPAM, HIPAA, etc.
- Passion for learning and problem solving
- Ability to research independently and quickly gain familiarity with privacy laws and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb organization
- Ability to work cross-functionally with stakeholders from teams across the organization
- Technical savvy with ability to quickly learn and operate new applications
- Attitude that no project is too big or too small
- Comfort working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Sense of humor
- IAPP Certifications a plus
Things We Care About
· Your career growth, your ideas, your work-life balance, and your well-being.
· Diversity and Inclusion
· Our Company Culture and Values
· Providing outstanding Company Perks and Benefits
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.