Graphic Design Manager, NHL Jerseys
Florida - Tampa /
Fanatics Commerce – Fanatics Brands - Design (Apparel and Graphic) /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
Manage a team of Graphic Designers with ownership of the PRO team identity and uniform graphics utilizing robust graphic design skillset, typography, patterns, color theory, brand identity rules and composition expertise. Collaborate with Creative Director to develop seasonal graphic direction. Lead graphic design and development based on creative direction, product brief and line plan strategy. Work closely with Product Design managers to create consistent story telling. Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product Development, Sourcing and Merchandising on complete product strategy to meet financial targets. This person needs to be results and detail oriented, team player with a passion for sports.
- Responsible for the creative management, design, and development of PRO Team Identities.
- Lead, influence and communicate design execution to creative leaders and team of direct and indirect reports.
- Collaborate with Creative Director to develop seasonal direction supporting PRO initiatives.
- Drive and lead new design innovation.
- Demonstrate expert-level knowledge of color theory, typography, print patterns, concept development, and sports team branding.
- Maintain an active understanding of trends in sports apparel and sports / pop culture, consumer insights, new business opportunities, and competitors in the market to influence design aesthetic and strategy through the development of mood, trend, and ideation boards.
- Partners with the Product Development team on new and innovative graphic applications.
- Encourages and solicits ideas from within the team and confidently shares fresh perspectives that will enhance creativity.
- Confidently lead the graphic design team by sharing fresh perspectives that will enhance creativity and promote new ideas through written and verbal communications to internal and external partners.
- Must know which types of designs work best for different decoration techniques such as: screen print, transfers, embroidery, etc.
- Maintain calendar deadlines and deliverables.
- Comfortable presenting design concepts and assortments during reviews and presentations.
- Mentor and develop creative talent within the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience, +5-7 years of professional graphic design experience.
- Licensing or Sports related experience a plus. Experience managing a creative team a plus.
- (REQUIRED) Must provide a strong professional portfolio showcasing a wide range of Sports team identity design.
- Excellent organizational leadership and communication skills. Ability to lead a team in order to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, adapt to change, and maintain composure and morale under pressure. Maintains a positive and professional attitude towards the team, cross-functional partners, vendors, and clients.
- Advanced level knowledge using Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Advanced skills in typography
- Demonstrate advanced-level knowledge of color theory, composition, and concept development, adhering to brand guidelines and seasonal creative stories.
- Strong knowledge of production art, printing, and garment production processes both Import and Domestic.
- Familiarity working within project management systems
- Intermediate-Advanced level use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; should be able to deliver ideas and decisions in a professional manner
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to communicate and lead a team to work effectively and cross-functionally across all departments and external partners.
- Can manage projects individually or as a part of a team.
- Results driven and solutions focused
- Ability to work in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Sports fan is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the job
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.