Senior Public Relations Manager
New York - New York /
Human Resources /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
At Fanatics we know that our greatest resource is our people. Our Human Resources department has a relentless dedication to cultivate, protect, and nourish our Fanatics family. We take pride in having a culture built on respect, unity, passion, and talent. We work hard to maintain a wonderful work atmosphere where people have as much pride and love for our company as they do for their favorite sports teams. As a global company, we actively evolve to ensure that all existing and new compliance regulations are met across all of our locations. We pride ourselves on building the Fanatics organization with not only the best talent, but by building around our core values. We have an unceasing commitment to continually improve our processes, strengthen our teams, and ensure the best possible working experience in every corner of the company.
Fanatics is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented, creative storyteller and sports fan to join its Global Communications team as Senior Public Relations Manager. This position, based in New York City, will be integral in driving the company’s overall media relations strategy and execution. The team is seeking a high-judgement, well-connected, and seasoned public relations professional with a proven track record in developing and launching successful media campaigns. This person will leverage their well-formed relationships with top-tier press across several verticals – sports, business/retail, technology and men’s/women’s lifestyle – to strengthen Fanatics’ position as one of the world’s most innovative, tech-infused consumer brands that is the market leader for licensed sports merchandise.
- Work with and advise key business and functional leaders to develop and execute messaging, communications strategies and cross-channel programs, and timely responses to unpredictable and changing news cycles across the sports and business worlds.
- Utilize strong relationships with key editors, reporters and social influencers to secure agenda-setting earned media opportunities across the company (with a focus on men’s and women’s lifestyle, sports, technology, business and trade. Entertainment PR experience a plus).
- Search out best stories in the company and identify opportunities to leverage both the story and potentially relevant spokesperson(s) to internal and external audiences
- Assist with developing and executing strategic global media/public relations campaigns and initiatives
- Assist with the planning, execution and pitching of press-driving stunts and media events, sometimes using the numerous top athletes that have an exclusive relationship with Fanatics
- Work closely with Fanatics Brands apparel division to publicize new product launches and real-time merchandise offerings, and reinforce partnerships with Nike and other preferred partners that Fanatics holds exclusive fan gear rights for
- Identify emerging media platforms and mine for new opportunities within existing outlets where Fanatics narrative can be pushed
- Draft press releases, factsheets, briefing materials and other communications materials as needed
- Compile, evaluate and pitch research data and consumer trend stories around sports team and player apparel
- Identify thought leadership opportunities throughout the company (awards, speaking opportunities, etc.)
- Liaise with internal teams on holistic consumer press planning (marketing, social, tech/mobile, etc.)
- Manage NYC flagship locations (NBA Store, NHL Store) and local market retail store press events and marketing efforts
- Assist with monitoring, tracking and analyzing press coverage (traditional and social)
- Assist in counseling senior leaders in effective media relations and public affairs practices
- Assist with scheduling interviews and spokesperson preparation
- Assist with crisis communications planning and preparedness
- Assist with all internal communications initiatives and special events
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations or Liberal Arts preferred
- Minimum eight years of experience in media/public relations; agency experience a plus
- Successful development and implementation of strategic media/public relations campaigns and creative press-worthy stunts
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both local and national press across verticals mentioned above, lifestyle/entertainment influencers and internal team members
- Strong understanding of evolving media landscape and identification of new buzz-marketing opportunities
- Exceptional written and spoken communications skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking capabilities with exemplary attention to detail
- Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly to urgent PR matters
- Collaborative team spirit with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Passion for consumer lifestyle/fashion, technology and business media a plus
- Sports background a plus
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.