New York - New York /
Fanatics Collectibles – Trading Cards - Graphic Design /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
Topps is seeking an Editor to join a collaborative and growing Topps.com Product Development team. This role will report to our Director of Brand & Creative for Topps.com. They will work very closely with our Art Directors and Brand Managers to develop content for trading cards across major sports licenses including Major League Baseball, as well as entertainment licenses including Star Wars and Garbage Pail Kids. Our ideal candidate has a passion and knowledge of Sports and Entertainment licenses and a very strong attention to detail who wants to contribute their skills broadly in a truly supportive team environment.
- Research and develop text and statistics-based card back content for collectible trading card products; this will be a writing-intensive position.
- Select and assign high-quality, design-appropriate photographic images for retouching and production.
- Work with external photo vendors throughout production and maintain usage reports for all assigned products.
- Follow assigned prepress budgets for image use.
- Master Topps content management platforms.
- Partner with design team to create and execute on production schedules and assist with licensor submissions.
- Review proofs for accuracy and integrity.
- Collaborate with Brand Manager, Assistant Brand Manager and design teams to help develop themes and looks for assigned projects.
- Participate in product review and brainstorming sessions for upcoming production cycles.
- Stay highly tuned-in to daily events across major sports and culture.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent, in-depth knowledge of professional sports, historical and current (particularly Major League Baseball).
- Recognition of player likenesses, past and present.
- Understanding of licensor style guides, uniforms, colors, logos and markings.
- Foundational knowledge of graphic design, photographic principles, and print production.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite; intermediate understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting tight deadlines across multiple projects.
- Organized and attentive to detail. Accuracy is paramount.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field preferred.
- Passion for and/or knowledge of brands in the Topps portfolio a PLUS.
- Passion for and/or deep knowledge of Entertainment licenses and culture a PLUS.
$52,000 - $65,000 a year
The salary range for this posting is $52,000 - $65,000 which represents base pay only and does not include short-term or long-term incentive compensation. When determining base pay, as part of a final compensation package, we consider several factors such as location, experience, qualifications, and training.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.