Software Engineer III - IOS - Mobile Sportsbook
Remote - New York /
Fanatics Betting & Gaming – Engineering Sportsbook /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The base salary range for this role is $152,000 per year - $228,000 per year, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
This role is eligible for the Fanatics Betting and Gaming annual bonus program and an equity award. In addition to the base, bonus, and equity, full-time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid time off, and other benefits like GymPass, Pet Insurance, Family Care Benefits, Free Shipt deliveries, and more. We’ll also give you $500 to set up your home office!
For information about our benefits, please visit https://benefitsatfanatics.com/.
As a SOFTWARE ENGINEER III at Fanatics Betting & Gaming (FBG), you are here to help build out the Mobile Sportsbook team, reporting to the Senior Software Engineering Manager. The role is responsible for designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining the gaming and betting mobile apps that will delight our customers. You will have experience developing large, complex mobile applications.
- In this role, you will be responsible for building systems and user experiences for our internal customers that are able to aggregate customer data across many sources, integrate with various 3rd party systems, and build personalized experiences that allow us to deliver a great and rewarding experience to our customers
- Develop a strong understanding of Fanatics Betting and Gaming mobile apps.
- You will need a fundamental understanding of our product, feature set, and roadmap, and work closely with the product to make the right technology decisions to enable the team for streamlined growth and future development.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholder, inside of Engineering, and collaborate with leaders to define and deliver the correct feature.
- Help the development team define and adhere to the principles, guidelines, and best practices of the engineering strategy.
- Remain current on technology and trends in engineering.
- Must be open to occasional travel to events and Bet Fanatics offices for various offsite and team meetings.
- We value aptitude over experience but here are some key skills that will make you successful on this team.
- Effectively communicate complex technical subjects to a variety of audiences (engineers, technical leaders, marketing and operations teams, and non-technical functional leaders).
- Cultural and technical champion: Improves and champions our best practices and strives to make Fanatics a better place to work as an engineer.
- Understand business outcomes and drives technical solutions to help achieve our goals.
- Passionate about working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Experience implementing mobile apps and libraries to support iOS mobile apps and using a modern technical stack (Swift, SwiftUI, GraphQL, Websockets)
- Strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, in a continuous delivery environment.
- Excellent problem-resolution skills.
- Positive and flexible attitude to work in a fast-paced environment and a willingness to embrace new initiatives.
- Must be open to occasional travel for events and business-related travel.
**If you possess some of these skills but not all of them, we still encourage you to apply!
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.