IT Operations Manager
Texas - Dallas /
Fanatics Collectibles – Technology – IT /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The IT Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of our internal Service Desk and IT Support field services teams in the US. Managing the intake of tickets for users with the highest level of Customer Service and maintaining a team that does the same. He/She is responsible for the continuous monitoring and management of the IT systems provided to the end users. He/She will be responsible for developing and influencing the execution of collectibles IT end user/help desk support for Fanatics Collectibles. He/She will partner with the business stake holders across Fanatics Collectibles to ensure the IT delivery is comprehensive and aligned with business strategies. The ideal candidate will have deep experience managing all facets of end user projects and managing those projects in a dynamic environment that includes building a new business and optimizing the integration of newly acquired assets & capabilities. He/She will have a passion for user experience, delivery execution and speed to market. He/She will also drive focus on automation and innovation.
- Partner with IT business stakeholders to deliver value add solutions to optimize business effectiveness, operating efficiencies, and overall value to the firm. Overall leadership accountability and provide oversight for delivery of international IT solutions.
- Work with Director of IT and team to optimize IT delivery (people, process, and technology)
- Participate in establishing right sized IT policies, procedures, and processes (e.g., DR, onboarding, offboarding, 3rd party oversight, HW refresh, patching, etc.) to ensure that internal IT functions meet business needs with cost effective delivery.
- Deliver on enterprise roadmap by leveraging relationships with key stakeholders globally.
- Maintain a current knowledge level of technical innovations, trends and share that knowledge in developing leading practices/processes.
- Support IT teams in delivery and management of the project lifecycle.
- Participate in driving collaborative, high performing, customer centric teams.
- Guide the activities of the international team to consistently deliver quality solutions on time, within budget, and scope.
- Provide technical expertise to the infrastructure teams while supporting and prioritizing the work.
- Create, implement, and maintain a continuous improvement plan.
- Ensure that technology standards, controls and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Support financial management and control in partnership with Finance.
- Facilitate the annual planning cycle as well as structuring, capturing and estimation of the demand on an ongoing basis and mapping of the demand against agreed plan and resource base.
- Facilitate regular communication channels and forums to align on planned activities in the day-to-day operations between business units and Technology Services as well as reviews on IT performance and incidents.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer engineering, or related field of study
- Prior experience implementing/supporting complex IT operations and governance functions preferred.
- Expertise in IT end user and network computing.
- A strong business acumen and ability to maintain budgetary control.
- Proven and demonstrated leadership, communication, organization, and effective management of infrastructure technology delivery.
- Possess strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills combined with demonstrated team management capabilities.
- 10+ years’ experience working with IT infrastructure.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Rigorous attention to detail and highly organized, but able to operate with ease at all levels (from strategy to execution)
- Deep empathy for customer experience – always analyzing and assessing from the customers’ viewpoint.
- Clear and optimistic vision for what can be. Proven ability to execute with urgency and pragmatism in the current environment.
- High curiosity – proactively seeking to learn more and ‘connect the dots’ for better solutions.
- Affinity toward technology as a customer experience enabler.
- Proficiency with Windows 10 and MacOS.
- Troubleshooting skills/knowledge, including network issues, printers, and scanners.
- Familiarity with common business office devices, including printers, scanners, fax, and multifunction devices.
- Familiarity with networking equipment: routers, firewalls, wireless devices & switches.
- Manage the issues, if necessary, with 3rd party vendors.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- The ability to understand and follow established business practices.
- Ability to remain calm in demanding atmospheres.
- Experience with Slack, Box, Okta, Service Now, M365, , JIRA
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.