Sr. Cost Engineer
Texas - Dallas /
Fanatics Collectibles – Trading Cards - Operations /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The Costing Engineer is responsible for all aspects of cost estimating, analysis, and management activity for North American Sports & Entertainment and Ecommerce business. Product portfolio includes collectible trading cards and non-sports entertainment toys/novelties.
The successful candidate will create and implement a cost management process with the objective of optimizing product margin, estimating accuracy, and cost visibility for both new and existing products at the SKU/product level across the full breadth of our trading card portfolio. Reporting to the Director of Product Engineering, this individual will also work with the Brand and Purchasing teams to develop new cost estimating and management processes.
- Provide cost estimation analysis to Brand Managers based on historical cost and cost matrix established with vendors
- Create, implement, and maintain cost estimation and evaluation tools and provide RFQ process support and analysis
- Evaluate product costs, investigate variances with estimates, and recommend changes to reduce cost and improve efficiency
- Provide feedback to Brand on cost trade-offs related to design options and channel mix scenarios
- Verify cost estimates versus final and continuously improve costing tools and model
- Maintain cost summaries and histories for all projects
- Work cross-functionally to measure vendor performance and identify continuous improvement opportunities; work with vendors and Product Engineering to identify efficiency / waste reduction opportunities
- Analyze total delivered cost to develop and implement cost savings initiatives while ensuring imperceptible difference to the consumer and maintenance of quality standards
- Monitor changes in processes or systems and evaluate effects on costs
- Track project budgets and monitor relevant revisions
- Contribute to yearly reviews and reports as well as forecasts and plans
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years experience in product costing
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel
- Previous professional experience with printing industry and/or consumer product goods a plus
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Attention to data integrity and quality
- Excellent communication, decision-making, and organizational skills
- Proactive with a hands-on approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently and self-start
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.