Senior Cost Accountant
Florida - Tampa /
Accounting & Finance /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
At Fanatics, we know that numbers are not just for jerseys. Our accounting and finance professionals are charged with taking a highly analytical approach towards financial data across every part of our business. We identify financial successes and opportunities, and then create detailed growth plans to reach and exceed our company goals. We bring numbers to life by developing innovative and strategic reporting as well as actionable insights for key stakeholders and executive leadership. Just as Fanatics continues to rapidly grow, we encourage our team members to do the same by supporting continued education and offering internal career advancement in various areas of Accounting and Finance.
He or she will provide financial leadership by supporting the accounting supply chain activities to ensure accurate and timely recording of all financial transactions. He or she will assist with the safeguarding of the global control environment and also help provide oversight to line finance leaders. This person would build fundamental relationships with operational and finance leaders to ensure/develop a best in-class supply chain accounting/finance infrastructure that supports a rapidly growing company.
To be successful in this job, you must be a forward looking, proactive leader with business experience in increasingly complex businesses, across geographies and business channels. This Visionary leader must be an experienced, collaborative accounting professional with the background and interpersonal skills sufficient to function successfully in a highly visible, growth-enabling and challenging position. Attention to detail, commercial engagement, a strong advisory style, and superior people leadership skills are important.
- Assist with ensuring operations are in compliance with key accounting standards
- Assist with coordination of operational audit support
- Assist with booking inventory transfers and inter-company movements (including domestic and international transfers)
- Properly record freight and monthly cost (overhead, departmental spending, etc.)
- Develop and implement new cost standards as needed and advise on changes
- Ensure proper reconciliation of inventory on a monthly basis
- Assist with pricing request and new item development
- Provide outstanding financial business partnership to the business unit leadership teams and to global corporate finance group
- Assist with preparation of annual operational plan and budget
- Calculate monthly absorption and capitalized variances; update absorption forecast weekly
- Assist with the coordination of period-end data collection efforts with inventory control/cycle counts
- Assist the Cost Accounting Department on special projects as needed
- Assist in the design and development of internal control procedures to safeguard company assets
- Support the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close function, including compliance requirements, to ensure a timely and accurate close. This includes support of operations/plants as needed.
- Ensure an open channel of communication exists during close with the Controller’s Office
- Partner and collaborate with peers and business partners to drive change management, increase operational efficiencies, lead process improvement and alignment within the accounting and finance organization, as well as cross functionally
- Assist and develop balance sheet support schedules and reconciliations as needed monthly, and participate in the monthly balance sheet review meetings
- Develop staff - position must assist with developing manufacturing knowledge within the organization. Foster and develop manufacturing acumen within the immediate department
- Assist with the management of cost staff, providing daily direction and guidance
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in accounting or business finance required
- MBA or CPA designation a plus
- 5+ years’ practical accounting experience with a combination of public and private accounting background; strong cost experience required; strong supply chain experience preferred
- Significant experience in a manufacturing environment a major plus!
- Solid accounting foundation, previous plant experience accounting/finance very desirable
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.