California - San Mateo /
Digital Marketing /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
Join our world class digital marketing team at Fanatics! Our team uses detailed measurements to execute and optimize our digital marketing and advertising strategies. The team is a significant growth driver for the company and is proud to push the envelope through innovations using a test and learn approach. To scale at a global level, the team utilizes best in class technology, machine learnings, and deep analytics to identify and push growth opportunities from our investments. The team also ensures that our customers have not only relevant, but the best experiences through data personalization.
Fanatics, Inc. is seeking an accomplished, dynamic individual to lead, develop, build and scale our fast-growing Marketplace business. The Marketplace Manager candidate will be knowledgeable and passionate about marketplaces, e-commerce, digital advertising & will have experience working with Amazon, eBay and other leading Marketplaces. Growing the function at Fanatics, this role will be responsible for onboarding new marketplaceprojects/programs, requiring excellent cross organization coordination/facilitation and ownership of results. The marketplace manager will develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders & key external partners to ensure integrations are completely to deadlines efficiently.A working knowledge of Fulfilment operations, Customer Service & Accounting is highly favourable.
The ideal candidate would have 4 to 7 years’ experience directly selling on marketplaces or utilizing product feed integration platforms (Channel Advisor, Big Commerce, Shopify) or have extensive experience managing retail storefronts across a range of marketplaces, ideally in fashion, clothing or sportswear sectors. They should be comfortable working with large retail product catalogs, have high commercial awareness, and working knowledge of drop shipping selling models. This is a great opportunity for an experienced manager with technical prowess to join a high growth company and help develop the marketplace strategy to achieve both long & short-term goals. The individual will have the chance to expand their already expansive knowledge of the wider emarketing industry from a world-class team, improving their analysis skills and ability to provide insight on trends whilst working on a highly visible marketing channel. The candidate must enjoy solving technical problems and creating, analyzing and improving processes. They should be highly analytical, organized and goal oriented. The candidate should also like working in a fast-paced environment & be comfortable working remotely. Keeping up with pro and collegiate sports is a plus.
· Lead and deliver overall Marketplaces strategy
· Hands on product listing creation, management, and optimization
· Onboard and manage new marketplaces
· Provide detailed insight into daily, weekly and monthly reports & identify & interpret valuable metrics for advertising and operational decisions.
· Successfully manage/maintain third party, partner & agency relationships.
· Successfully coordinate, direct & aid multiple senior-level stakeholders across the business toward project goals.
· Lead & develop team members providing Marketplace Channel expertise & advice to them & the wider business as and when required.
· Assist feeds marketing team in maintaining and developing the Marketplace portfolio, understand the different facets of the business and execute on an as-needed basis.
· Work directly with product team to ensure key features are released and rolled out according to plan
· Create, map & improve technical processes across the Marketplace function.
· Collaborate with the analytics and business intelligence team to build actionable reports to make advertising decisions
· Create, manage and distribute data and insights via regular and ad-hoc reporting utilizing analytics tools (Omniture, Channel Advisor, Google Ads) and reporting/analysis platforms (Tableau, SQL, Excel)
· Work closely with other channel managers to create & develop a strong Marketplace roadmap plan which will deliver key online marketing KPI goals including revenue and ROI
· Manage, motivate and inspire the Marketplace channel team to drive the required sales growth & meet integration timelines.
· Drive the business forward through innovation, new trends and initiatives in the market.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Commercial experience selling on Amazon (preferably apparel) with a good working knowledge of FBA.
· 4-7 Years’ experience working on Marketplace platforms or product feed integration platforms.
· Experience leveraging dropship selling models/Selling as a dropshipper.
· Extensive experience in business reporting and proven ability to decisions based on large amounts of data.
· Advanced knowledge of marketplaces and paid advertising channels.
· Experience working with large product catalogs (preferably fashion/clothing/sportswear)
· Excellent quantitative skills, and experience utilizing scientific analytic methods, qualitative methods, and quantitative analysis techniques
· Team player showing proven ability to work cross functionally with our technology product managers and product developers to roll out product enhancements
· Commitment to learning new and changing industry developments and best practices
· Knowledge and passion for all things sports is a bonus
· Comfortable leading teams
· Exceedingly detail oriented and responsible
· Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
· Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint)
· Must be willing to dedicate time outside of normal business hours to launch advertising for major sporting events (i.e. College National Championships, Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, etc.)
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· This role will sit in our San Mateo office
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.