Manager, Training & Development-Fanatics Brands
Oklahoma, Norman /
Human Resources /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
At Fanatics we know that our greatest resource is our people. Our Human Resources department has a relentless dedication to cultivate, protect, and nourish our Fanatics family. We take pride in having a culture built on respect, unity, passion, and talent. We work hard to maintain a wonderful work atmosphere where people have as much pride and love for our company as they do for their favorite sports teams. As a global company, we actively evolve to ensure that all existing and new compliance regulations are met across all of our locations. We pride ourselves on building the Fanatics organization with not only the best talent, but by building around our core values. We have an unceasing commitment to continually improve our processes, strengthen our teams, and ensure the best possible working experience in every corner of the company.
The way our employees learn is changing. This role will bring creativity, experience and passion for learning to meet the needs of the business through a blended learning platform. The focus will be on Operations training programs while partnering with the Learning and Development team to leverage development programs across the business, including corporate audiences. The Manager, Learning and Development will build, coordinate and deliver function-specific training programs while working to continuously enable and elevate performance.
The Manager, Learning and Development must be able to lead others without direct authority, as well as, deal with ambiguity and competing priorities. This role must be able to effectively communicate with multiple levels of the organization (from hourly associates to senior leaders) to build credibility and trust with all partners across multiple locations.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Learning and Development
· Develop a learning strategy to include a blended approach that elevates performance and productivity while promoting a safe environment
· Create, prioritize, adapt, and execute Learning and Development strategy in partnership with the team
· Develop, implement, and sustain custom-world class training programs including technical training, health and safety training and ongoing development
· Own the on boarding process for new hires
· Ability to present and facilitate sessions effectively managing group dynamics while encouraging creativity, innovation and ownership of learning
· Work with operations on the creation, project management, implementation, and sustainment of standardized work as a lean tool
· Manage assignments and completions in the Learning Management System to track learning
Building and Navigating Relationships
· Ability to effectively lead, direct, coach and mentor others on how to design and deliver effective learning solutions that maximize employee engagement, development and business outcomes
· Collaborate cross-functionally and navigate organizational dynamics
· Partner with HRBPs and Recruiting to create a seamless new hire orientation process
· Effectively manage interactions with stakeholders including setting expectations, holding meetings and ongoing project updates
· Ability to translate strategic goals into appropriate development programs while meeting and managing the changing priorities of the business
· Utilize instructional design expertise including data analysis, adult learning, curriculum development and blended learning strategies
· Provide strong program and project management skills including detail-oriented, ability to organize, plan and execute while leading cross functional teams
· Conduct train-the-trainer certification(s) for facilitators
· Identify appropriate metrics to measure learning effectiveness, apply and measure results for continuous improvement
· Oversee course evaluations/assessments to identify and report trends
· Evaluate data to identify insights into the effectiveness of training in relation to business goals, make changes as needed
· Use key metrics to communicate and deliver insights to business leaders
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in leading people, adult learning, instructional design and project management
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Outstanding interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
· Excellent relationship building, negotiating and influence skills with clients and colleagues
· Demonstrates strong business acumen and a track record of success in partnering with business leaders
· Ability to manage competing priorities and balance multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and responding quickly to feedback through iterative design
· High degrees of initiative and creativity
· Self-starter with strong initiative, energy and accountability with the ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
· Ability to focus on critical issues to balance and respond to competing priorities
· Excellent project management skills with a demonstrated ability to lead projects from inception through completion while bringing stakeholders along
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and Articulate Storyline
· Comfort with new technology and ability to learn quickly and use new software applications
· This job requires candidates to work and facilitate in a warehouse environment
· Flexible availability and open to travel domestically
· Must be able to stand 6 to 8 hours per day
· May be expected to walk 5 to 10 miles per day
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.