Director, Project Management
Florida - Tampa /
Fanatics Brands – Operations - FB - AVP /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end collectibles experience; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Additional ventures that will build out Fanatics’ footprint across the broader digital sports landscape will be rolled out soon. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 8,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
We are looking for a Director, Project Management in our Transformation Office to lead enterprise projects and programs for Fanatics Brands. In this role you will lead a team of project leads in the creation, development, and execution of cross-functional projects to enable Fanatics Brands to rapidly grow to meet business demands.
What you will be doing...
- Supporting the creation of the vision and strategy process for integrations and process/technical enhancements.
- Building standards and rigor around project management process and roles & responsibilities of project leads
- Creating and maintain project plans, schedules, and deliverables
- Responsible for coordinating and managing all necessary resources throughout the entire project duration
- Ensures executive leadership expectations and budgetary guidelines are met
- Manages the project from beginning to end, including budget, costs, schedule, risk management, insurances, general work performance, quality, and overall progress against the plan
- Manages communications to key stakeholders and project risk via change management tools/methodology
- Driving communication and awareness of all escalated issues
- Helping oversee any outside resources needed to support the plan
- Works cross-functionally, this role will engage and interact with all Fanatics Brands functions across the enterprise to ensure Fanatics is delivering to our customers. This role will connect dots and drive clarity to ensure project success
What you will bring...
- 10-15+ years of diverse project management experience, a bachelor’s degree preferred (with advanced degree and/or experiences a plus). Proven experience demonstrated in cross-functional project delivery from strategy to execution
- Proficiency in business communication and verbal/written communication to promote conceptual understanding and mobilize through storytelling
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior leaders and experience in working and managing within diverse and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated expertise of building consensus across business partners and influencing successful outcomes
- Enthusiastic, full of positive energy and able to maintain grace, a sense of humor, and perspective under pressure
- Experience working successfully in a highly matrix work environment
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.