Staff Engineer Android - Sportsbook
Remote - New York /
Fanatics Betting & Gaming – Engineering Sportsbook /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The base salary range for this role is $176,000 per year - $264,000 per year, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
This role is eligible for the Fanatics Betting and Gaming annual bonus program and an equity award. In addition to the base, bonus, and equity, full-time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid time off, and other benefits like GymPass, Pet Insurance, Family Care Benefits, Free Shipt deliveries, and more. We’ll also give you $500 to set up your home office!
For information about our benefits, please visit https://benefitsatfanatics.com/.
As a STAFF ENGINEER- Android at Fanatics Betting & Gaming (FBG), your role will span across the Sports Data and Core Services and Personalization teams. This role involves direct collaboration with our design, product, frontend, and backend development teams to define and deliver world-class sports betting mobile experience. We are design and UX-focused, and we believe in turning complex problems into aesthetically beautiful and simple interfaces. We are one team; we employ the principles of data-driven development, operational excellence, process calibration, and efficiency to deliver a stable, extensible platform at scale. Most importantly, we should have fun while doing it.
- You will work closely with our internal and external development teams to deliver a stable and reliable application inline with our product roadmap and schedule.
- You will define best practices, frameworks, and our 3rd party business intelligence tools and ensure they are properly deployed within the platform.
- Develop a strong understanding of Fanatics Betting and Gaming mobile apps.
- As a technology leader, you will need a fundamental understanding of our product, feature set, and roadmap, and work closely with the product to make the right technology decisions to enable the team for streamlined growth and future development.
- You will work on complex integrations between various companies and 3rd parties as well as deliver platforms and solutions to provide value to our end users and other engineering teams.
- Must be open to occasional travel to Fanatics Betting & Gaming offices and other locations for conferences, events, meetings, and team-building activities.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in engineering lead experience
- Experience implementing mobile apps and libraries to support mobile apps and using a modern technical stack (Kotlin, Kotlin Multi-Platform)
- Experience building platforms and services for internal engineering teams
- Effectively communicate complex technical subjects to a variety of audiences (engineers, technical leaders, executives, and non-technical functional leaders).
- Cultural and technical champion: Improves and champions our best practices and strives to make Fanatics a better place to work as an engineer.
- Ability to triage and debug system-wide production issues.
- Building highly scalable and fault-tolerant systems in a highly regulated production environment.
- Leads discovery, design, and architects solutions for complex projects.
- Understand business outcomes and drive technical solutions to help achieve our goals.
- Familiarity with: Object oriented programming languages, highly available distributed systems, event-driven architecture, and complex 3rd party integrations.
- Partnering with cross-functional peers (PM, Design, DevOps, Security, Front-end engineers)
- Passionate about working in a highly collaborative team environment
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.