Legal Director, Product & Marketing
New York - New York /
Fanatics Betting & Gaming – Legal /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The base salary range for this role is $177,000 per year - $291,000 per year, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This role is eligible for the Fanatics Betting and Gaming annual bonus program and an equity award.
In addition to the base, bonus, and equity, full-time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid time off and other benefits like GymPass, Pet Insurance, Family Care Benefits, Free Shipt deliveries, and more. We’ll also give you $500 to set up your home office!
For information about our benefits, please visit https://benefitsatfanatics.com/
Location: New York City or New Jersey
FBG is seeking a talented, team-oriented Legal Director to join the FBG team to support the Product and Marketing teams. The Product & Marketing Legal Director will be a key partner to the business from the initial stages of product development and beyond, working to identify potential legal risks and provide risk-mitigation counseling in creative, business-centric ways. This role will report to the SVP of Legal and will provide support across the FBG vertical
- Provide and coordinate legal advice across complex and multifaceted legal issues such as consumer protection, privacy and data security, gaming regulations, payments, intellectual property, and antitrust which could impact FBG’s products and services.
- Draft terms and conditions, legal disclaimers, and other policies governing the use of FBG products and services.
- Maintain responsibility for the privacy impact assessment process and working closely with Privacy legal and Infosec on addressing information security issues.
- Review marketing materials and advise on various marketing activities.
Skills and Qualifications
- JD admission to the bar and in good standing or the ability to practice in-house in your office location.
- 5+ years of legal experience, ideally a combination of law firm and in-house.
- Preference for experience in the sports wagering/internet gaming industry or other highly regulated industries.
- A self-motivated team player with the ability to learn quickly, communicate clearly, drive projects and earn the confidence of your business partners.
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment and balance competing priorities and; Enthusiastic about Fanatics Betting and Gaming!
- Open to regular travel to gaming events, content suppliers and other Fanatics offices for various offsite and team meetings
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.