Manager - Site Reliability Engineering
India, Hyderabad /
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a global SRE team, building and leading as we grow and facilitate the management of the complex systems at Fanatics? Then join us as we work to redefine our position within the org and to strive to better ensure performance and reliability as a global group. The candidate we choose for this position will have the opportunity to build a new team from our Hyderabad office (or remote), blend with our existing teams, and extend our support of AWS Cloud services and Big Data teams.
On the Team you will:
- Manage software development, delivery and integration of integration, monitoring or self-heal projects (both eCommerce and Fulfillment platforms).
- Help manage planning, scheduling, and resourcing for our initiatives.
- Report up progress of project(s) and release initiatives with a focus on time, budget, scope and quality.
- Help integrate across the Tech org, finding gaps and creating backlog projects which will best support the forward goals of the Company.
- Lead brainstorming session to think outside-the-box and engineer work toward the optimal technologic and automated solutions.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects, across global teams, with diverse tech-stacks.
- Use your super communication skills with confidence and trust with our peers and customers.
You will be expected to have:
- A minimum of two fields with demonstrated high level of skill and a wide breadth of knowledge in many areas across operations and code development.
- Extensive knowledge of Incident and Change processes in an elastic environment and the concepts needed to pass audits without adding drag.
- Experience in establishing and enforcing best practices for our SDLC, turnover gates, and other team activities.
- The capacity to drive technical sessions and stay up-to-date on feature development, bringing forth how new efforts could affect a system’s overall reliability.
- An understanding of the difference between SLI/SLO/SLA(s) and which are useful when presenting commitments to different user groups
- The ability to assess a multi-project roadmap view, spot overlaps or communicate conflicts in and out of SRE.
- Experience building on and running production systems on AWS Cloud Technologies
- A solid understanding CI/CD life-cycle in a cloud environment and use of Git as a repo.
You are a fit for this role if you:
- Are a strong believer in standards but like to bring fresh ideas to minimize drag. But still, we have to keep that Security team happy!
- Enjoy leading and motivating engineers to grow as a unit, depending on and supporting the group's success.
- Believe in constant iterative improvement of the team’s skills and techniques.
- Are open to safe but direct collaboration to produce the best product while holding each other accountable.
- Feel the responsibility for SRE to see an issue through to the end.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline with IT focus.
- 5-7 yr experience in working experience with large scale, eCommerce-based engineering.
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.