Senior Graphic Designer
California - Los Angeles /
Fanatics Collectibles – Marketing & Communications /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
Fanatics Collectibles is seeking an experienced graphic designer (art director) for our
new and growing Marketing team. In this role, you will be responsible for producing
creative assets for our editorial, social, and web production teams; static and motion
graphics for our video content; and general design deliverables for cross-functional
teams. This role requires a passionate, agile, and creative storyteller-someone who is
experienced leveraging art and design in the service of compelling organic content. As a
senior graphic designer, you will also have the opportunity to help develop the visual
identity for many of our new properties and initiatives.
- Create graphic assets for use across multiple organic channels (social, editorial, web)
- Work closely with video team to create compelling motion graphics
- Create accurate and exciting data visualizations, such as price charts showing changes in trading card values
- Assist in the development of consistent and coherent visual identities (layout, typography, color, etc) across editorial and video properties.
- Work quickly and effectively to ensure that creative deliverables support project briefs and are completed on schedule.
- Ensure that creative deliverables adhere to brand style guides.
- Bachelor of Fine Art Degree with an emphasis on Graphic Design or equivalent.
- 5-10 years related business experience in Graphic Design or Art Direction, either in-house or agency
- Expert proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, handle multiple priorities and drive results through time and project management.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels, cross functionally as well as with outside partners.
- Some understanding of social media platforms and successful graphics utilized by creators/publishers on them.
- Experience with sports and/or trading cards is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to tell stories and communicate information through design
- Passion for visual culture and an elevated aesthetic sensibility
$70,000 - $90,000 a year
The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $90,000 which represents base pay only and does not include short-term or long-term incentive compensation. When determining base pay, as part of a final compensation package, we consider several factors such as location, experience, qualifications, and training.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.