Assistant Merchandiser - Sports
United Kingdom - Manchester /
Fanatics Commerce – Buying & Merchandising /
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
A key part of the Merchandising team, supporting the Merchandiser to ensure that fans can buy great quality fanwear when and where they want and at the right price, focusing on stock control, driving sales & profit.
- Contributes to a department strategy that supports business goals
- Opportunity for category management
- Supports department financial budgeting, reviewing historical data, financial trends and creating forecasts
- Manages key WSSI inputs e.g. Intake and Markdown
- Makes promotional recommendations based on analysis and scenario models, produces post event analysis and review
- Provides ongoing trade analysis and reports to identify opportunities and risk
- Responsible for overseeing order management and critical path/intake management to deliver launch and stock targets
- Work with Branch Merchandiser to optimise retail/event stock package
- Make recommendations for markdown and promotional activity, and analyse effectiveness
- Work with suppliers to maintain critical path/delivery schedule
- Coach, develop, and day to day management of Merchandise Assistant
- Undertake any other duties and/or responsibilities as may reasonably be required by management from time to time
Knowledge & Experience:
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced retail environment, with a solid merchandising background
- Experience of people management preferred
- Experience operating at Assistant Merchandise level preferred
- Working knowledge of:
- o Product Set Up
- o Order Management
- o Critical Path & Delivery Scheduling
- o Promotion & Markdown planning
- o WSSI process
- o Allocation & Replenishment
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity and inclusivity at Fanatics. Our commitment to inclusion across all races, gender, gender identities, age, sexual orientation, religion & spiritual beliefs, neurodiversity, disability and all identities of our people, current and future drives us forward each and every day. If you have any requirement(s) for reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, and/or to perform essential job functions, please contact us. #OneFanatics, #Win as a Team.
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.